Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ProjectServiceExtention Stop() Status

Pfeil ProjectServiceExtention Stop() Status

Hi,

I have created add-in, and try to execute him few times, after pressing button. For first one click, he executs, but for second on he is not starting. When I open window "Manage Service Engine services", against of add-in his status as "Started" (but in fact he executed completly Strart() method). I have tried to use Stop() method in last line of Start() method, but this does not help. I guess, that is becouse status of that add-in is as "Started". Cos when I stop him manualy from window "Manage ...", and start him again from button, add-in normaly executes.

So, do I need/can to change that status in my last line of Start() method? Or are any other causes?

Default Re: ProjectServiceExtention Stop() Status

Hello,

have you done the AddIn training? It is also available online. If no, please do it.

For Addins there are two types: Wizards and Services. 
    Wizards do stuff and are ended afterwards. Therefore can be started again.
    Services can be started and stopped and keep on running in the meantime. Services are ideal for reacting on events and such.

Default AW: ProjectServiceExtention Stop() Status

If you want to create an AddIn that is executed every time you click a button or something like this, you should not use a project service extension but a project wizard extension.
    The methods start and stop shows you are using a service. A Wizard starts with Run Method and finishes after execution. It has no stop method.

But, I am also interessted in a solution to stop a service from code, for other reasons.

EDIT: Grrr c.f. was faster... AGAIN

Hi!

In zenon 10 there is a function to start and stop project service extensions.
    It's called "Start/Stop Project Service Extension".

Hi, 

thx all for fast reply on my thread. Yes, I have finished zenon online training. Perhaps, not all was clear for me.

Yes events in our app was to be intended to use. In other thread in forum i will bit describe our purpose.

I don't whant to use functions in zenon Supervisor to stop service. I whant to narrow using of zenon functions, scripts, etc. And if it will be possible, to stop service/wizard from C# code.

No matter if it will be service or wizard, I do not need to execute that extention if it already running. That situations I prefer to prevent.

So, are there ways to interrupt or correctly stop wizard/service from code? And are they have some lock to prevent secondary parallel execution of the same extension?

Quote Originally Posted by c.f. View Post
    Hello,

have you done the AddIn training? It is also available online. If no, please do it.

For Addins there are two types: Wizards and Services. 
    Wizards do stuff and are ended afterwards. Therefore can be started again.
    Services can be started and stopped and keep on running in the meantime. Services are ideal for reacting on events and such.

Hi, how to reduce response time in forum request threads? If u can, I made second post and new thread