Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: AML/CEL Filter based on Variable

Default AML/CEL Filter based on Variable

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to filter an AML/CEL s.t the filtering is based on a Variable?

E.G.:
    NAME_TO_SHOW="UNIT A"
    Show all alarms from Variables which contain NAME_TO_SHOW in Variable identification.

Of course I could define separate screen switch function where possible Values of NAME_TO_SHOW are hardcoded, but that is not an option for me, as I do not know values of NAME_TO_SHOW in Advance.

Thanks and Br,
    Lukas

2. #
    Best Answer

Default Re: AML/CEL Filter based on Variable

So directly, from a value of some string variable to the filter, should be possible with API (AddIn Framework).

But maybe there is a way by the use of the Equipment Model where all those valves are nodes (equipment groups). Then to call filtered based on equipment modeling (not the value of a string variable). 

in the Runtime, in AML (or CEL) screen you can use button 'Filter' to configure dynamically filtering criteria, also some (sub) text in variable names or identifications: 

Or you mean another use case?

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response!

No I mean a different Use case. I would like to configure it within engineering studio.

Lets say I have 100 valves. For each valve I want an popup with contains an AML/CEL with only its entries.
    Each Valve contains a variable which uniquely describes it. Lets say a String containing its name.

Now I am looking for a solution to filter the AML/CEL based on a variable value(name of Valve).

Best Answer

So directly, from a value of some string variable to the filter, should be possible with API (AddIn Framework).

But maybe there is a way by the use of the Equipment Model where all those valves are nodes (equipment groups). Then to call filtered based on equipment modeling (not the value of a string variable). 

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    Yes. This is possible in the AddIn Framework.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    This is preferable to the API