Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HTML 5 Web engine for internet accessibility

Default HTML 5 Web engine for internet accessibility

Hello everyone,

I have a project with web engine implemented , so the user can access the SCADA System using his mobile phone as long as the user is still connected to the network.
    at the moment I am willing to host the web engine application on the internet so it can be accessible from even outside the local network.

My question is as follows:
    what is best recommended by CopaData to provide a secure connection to the server where the SCADA system is running? knowing that connecting the server to the internet by setting up a public IP isn't safe.

Thank you in advance .
    best regards.

Charbel Saikaly.

Default Re: HTML 5 Web engine for internet accessibility

Quote Originally Posted by CharbelSaikaly View Post
    Hello everyone,
    what is best recommended by CopaData to provide a secure connection to the server where the SCADA system is running? knowing that connecting the server to the internet by setting up a public IP isn't safe.
    Hello CharbelSaikaly,

An official statemant concerning web can be found here:

https://www.copadata.com/de/support-...erations-2052/

To give additional info, I would suggest the following: It's probably best and the easiest to use an internal VPN to connect to the company network instead of exposing the web engine directly to the internet.
    If that's not possible, I would make sure:
    • to use the network encryption with a strong password - the same should be applied for the users which are allowed to use the webengine (strong passwords).
    • The server which is hosting the Service Engine Connector should be configured as a Service Engine Client and not be a vital networking part (standby, collection of plc-data etc.)
    • Other than that, the HTML-Engine Website is SSL-Secured and traffic between server and client is encrypted.
    • Make sure to use a valid and officially signed certificate for your IIS deployment.

I hope this info helped.

BR,
    Joris
    Last edited by joris.l : 31st May 2022 at 12:29