Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CSV file import error

Ausrufezeichen CSV file import error

Hi,

I'm trying to import a CSV file in utf-8 encoding(Converted to .txt form using excel) for the variables list to create variables and for some reason, Zenon throws an error that the import cannot be carried out everytime I try to import variables using my CSV file.

But if I export the CSV from an existing Zenon project and then add my rows and columns into that CSV, the import works

Any help would be appreciated to resolve the issue with importing the original CSV file!

I'm using Zenon Energy edition 8.2

Thanks
    VIKHASH
    Last edited by vikhash : 30th September 2021 at 07:53

Default Re: CSV file import error

Just the use of energy license does not make all your topics to be energy edition specific, so I'm moving this thread to the forum node where more people would be able to give some hints.

I suppose the CSV file produced from Excel is not identical (all columns, in right order, right separators, no additional space chars, etc.) with the CSV format produced (and expected) originally by zenon.

Idee Re: CSV file import error

Thanks for the response Ursula!

The CSV file which zenon recognizes uses UTF-16 LE BOM encoding. But the CSV which I have is of UTF-8 encoding. That caused the issue with Zenon

When I changed the encoding scheme to match with what Zenon accepts, all the variables were imported into Zenon from the CSV.

Thanks
    VIKHASH