Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: IEC61850 and Process Gateway IEC870Slave Direct Command Execution with Interlock check

Default IEC61850 and Process Gateway IEC870Slave Direct Command Execution with Interlock check

Hi,

I have a Zenon Energy Edition communicating to x IED's in IEC61850.  A dispatch center is connected to the Zenon using the process gateway IEC870Slave.

I have a question about commands sent from a dispatch center without using the Select Before Operate function but with check of interlock conditions in Zenon and in the IED.

- If I deactivate "Select routing" in the process gateway, then the command is not passed through the Command Processing module.  So I cannot check interlock equations in Zenon and I cannot set the QoC to check the interlock conditions in the IED.
    - If I activate "Select routing", but I deactivate "Select before operate" on the command variable, the same happens.  The Command Processing modules are bypasses, so the interlock conditions in Zenon are not checked.  Also, the Qoc is not set because of this and all interlocks in the IED are bypassed as well.

Is there a way to send commands without using SBO at the dispatch center (Direct Execute is requested by the grid operator) but with checking interlock conditions in Zenon and in the IED?

Philippe

2. #
    Best Answer

Default Re: IEC61850 and Process Gateway IEC870Slave Direct Command Execution with Interlock check

so the limits of your internal variables mapped in zenPG can call set value functions. And if in the command processing you had created set value input action with "set value" (not DIR) then this set value function will be only transferred to the driver if your interlocking (by set input value action) tells it is OK to execute.

Default Re: IEC61850 and Process Gateway IEC870Slave Direct Command Execution with Interlock check

zenon Help helps, from zenon Online Help (copadata.com):

with SBO and Command Processing you are using the second method. Without SBO routing in zenPG, so without routing via auto/remote actions of Command Processing, you can only use the first method (yellow marked). So, create the Check variable(s) and set (once, at project start) the value 64.
    And if you are using the first method, then you can deactivate by actions in command processing the check-box to use the QoC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x7Nr5LxuNa.png  

Additional hint: the right moment to set all Check values (receipt or script) is when ConnectionState variable got bit MMS_ASSOCIATED. So you can call this receipt/script in a reaction matrix linked to ConnectionState.

Hi Ursulak,

Thanks for the answers.

This solves the problem of bypassing the interlocks in the IED.

But, the command processing is still bypassed when I don't use "select routing" in the process gateway.  So the interlock equations in Zenon are still bypassed.

I found a way to check the interlocks as well:
    - The dispatch center sends a command (TI46) to an internal variable in Zenon (using the process gateway, no select routing)
    - I create a pulse of 2s (BOOL, internal variable)
    - A 2nd BOOL internal variable is true when the interlock conditions in Zenon are ok.
    - A math variable is set to true if both internal variables (pulse and interlock ok) are true.
    - A rema on the math variable send the final command to the IED.

This works but I need a lot of variables on each command.

Is there no way to pass through the command processing anyways just to check the interlocks, so I don't need all this extra variables? 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xhUl4dbreA.png  

Best Answer

so the limits of your internal variables mapped in zenPG can call set value functions. And if in the command processing you had created set value input action with "set value" (not DIR) then this set value function will be only transferred to the driver if your interlocking (by set input value action) tells it is OK to execute.

Hi Ursulak,

Thanks for your answers.

It is working.