Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Scada - plc reconnection

Frage Scada - plc reconnection

Hello All,

I am using a SIEMENS S7 TCP-IP DRIVER to communicate with S7-1200 PLC (ZENON SUPERVISOR) . I am having 3 S7-1200 PLC. PLC1 has 424 tags, PLC2 has 381 tags and PLC3 has 2333 tags. I am facing an issue with the SCADA - PLC Communication Reconnection when the PLC3 disconnects and connects again. The SCADA takes around 5-10 seconds to reconnect automatically to PLC1 and PLC2 (my reconnection time setting is set to 5 seconds), but my SCADA takes 10 minutes to establish communication with PLC3(my reconnection time setting is set to 5 seconds for PLC3 too).

Case 1
    When I Close my runtime and open again, the SCADA establishes communication immediately with PLC3.
    Case 2
    When I use STOP/START Driver Function my SCADA-PLC Communication reconnection is immediate. with PLC3.

Is it because the PLC3 tag has a high percentage of variables it takes so much time to reconnect?

Kindly let me know what might be the cause for the issue and a possible solution for the same. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
    Venkataraman.H
    TEAL-AS

Default Re: Scada - plc reconnection

I suppose you are testing the reconnect times while disconnecting faster as 30s after connection establishing. All zenon TCP drivers, to protect the ethernet network, have extra feature: after connection break and immediat retry fail, the drivers are not again retrying to reestablish the connection before 30s since previous successful connection start.

So while testing, just wait longer as 30s before you pull out the cable.
    Or pull it out for shorter as ~10ms ;-) No, just joking. Instead to play with physical cables you can use additional software simulating breaks.

Default Re: Scada - plc reconnection

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    I suppose you are testing the reconnect times while disconnecting faster as 30s after connection establishing. All zenon TCP drivers, to protect the ethernet network, have extra feature: after connection break and immediat retry fail, the drivers are not again retrying to reestablish the connection before 30s since previous successful connection start.

So while testing, just wait longer as 30s before you pull out the cable.
    Or pull it out for shorter as ~10ms ;-) No, just joking. Instead to play with physical cables you can use additional software simulating breaks.

Thank you ursulak for your reply. Will definitely try simulating using software and check the conditions mentioned.