Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Multiple Zenon Logic instances.

Frage Multiple Zenon Logic instances.

Hello,
    I am using zenon 8.10 with one Main project and 9 subproject in it. Each sub project is having different straton Logic project with different variables. When I start runtime, I observed there are 9 open instances in toolbar. Will this affect my system performance? If yes then how to overcome this problem? What should I do if I want one single instance for all logic project?

Default Re: Multiple Zenon Logic instances.

it affects your performance positively, not negatively, to share the workload on few applications, instead to pack everything into one.

So you are suggesting I should keep it as it is?...but straton logic has serial data parameters as we are getting it from weighing machine...these instances are affecting on communication by getting delayed response. Pls note that this 9 instances are in one project.
    Last edited by NarendraGP : 8th June 2021 at 11:59

> Pls note that this 9 instances are in one project.

these 9 logics are in one subproject, or in one runtime but in 9 subprojects?

If they are already in one project just make summarized single Logic project. B

But I suppose you are asking just because the 'external visible' variable feature works only to local Logic, integrated in (sub)project. 
    If Logics are in subprojects, then you can consider to start only single Logic in zenon integration project. Then transfer variable values from zenon to Logic not as 'externally visible' but via allocations to additional stratonNG variables. Or to internal variables of I-project, then those intern - externally visible.

If you want transfer from Logic to zenon - user stratonNG variables. Hint: in a subproject you can manually create an instance of stratonNG driver; to acquire subset of logic variables relevant for this (sub)project. A single Logic runtime supports up to 16 connections.