Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Report viewer load delay

Default Report viewer load delay

Hi,

Zenon 8.20
    I have a report viewer screen where I have different bottons to show different types of reports of the same process and cycle. When I tried this before in runtime without being connected to the PLC network the load of the report in the screen was almost instant. Somehow now, when I press the botton to load a report, takes forever to load the report on the screen. The amount of data is not even big, like 40/80 lines of data generated every 10 seconds.

What could be the problem? what could be generating such a delay? 

any hint would help.

thanks

Default Re: Report viewer load delay

It seems to be deeper than that. Any time I go online with the PLC all the screens frezze. At some point I had troubles when I tried to generate a Heartbeat for the PLC with some functions triggered by limits of boolean variables. I changed that and now my heart beat its done by menas of two booleans. the PLC change its values and they replicate through allocations. 

This, could still be the reason of my problems, but i do not understand why a simple on/off boolean (with a 4 sec delay) could shut down my entire project.

Any other idea why my system completely frezze when I communicate with the PLC? 

depends on driver, variables addressing and priorities;

e.g. in MODBUS, if your variables have diverses "spread" offsets (e.g. 1, 300, 1200 etc.) and/or frame size in driver configuration is small, and the PLC responds slowly - then as soon the driver has to poll from PLC many variables it simply takes time till the PLC sends so many frames.

I solved it.

I had created the connections for a few PLCs, but I was just communicating with one. Once I deleted those connections, everything went back to normal.

As far as I anderstood from this, if the driver is trying to reach its connections and get no answer, just get stuck sending all the resorces towards that.

Its a logix driver and I had 12 connections configured.

Let me know if i missunderstood.

Thank you for your answer.