Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

Ausrufezeichen Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

Hi, I am using ZENON 8.20 Version, I need to take The Total no. of alarm values into historian, but it is an Screen specific type function, I am not able to take the value so i am using the VBA macro to take the value into variable, But everytime i need to trigger the function *Execute vba macro* in my case the macro should fetch data every 1 sec, i am attaching my source code, please anyone can help me

Public Sub GetAlarmItems()
     Dim zAML As Alarm
     Dim zAML_Items As AlarmItems
     Dim zAML_Item As AlarmItem

set zAML = thisproject.Alarm

thisproject.Variable.Item("TEST_E").value = zAML.Items.Count

End Sub

How can I modify this program to get data every 1 sec, Here my variable is TEST_E

Default AW: Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

You could use a zenon timefunction to call the Run VBA Macro function every 1s - but I would not recommend. That might block your runtime.

Take a look at alarmareas. You could create an alarmarea, assing it to all variables. The alarmarea is able to count the active alarms. No need for VBA

Default Re: Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

Hi!

As mst wrote, it´s better to use the built in functionality.
    If you just want to find out the total number of alarms in the project, why not use the system variable "[Alarms]Number of alarms"?

Default Re: AW: Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

Thank you very much It is working now.

I have one more issue I need to send a variable data to an SQL database through VBA every 1sec,

It is posssible to send data through VBA ?, If so i need to know the proramming code for VBA

Default Re: Vba macro should run every 1sec without any external trigger from runtime

this thread becomes the duplicate of I need to push data from Zenon VBA to SQL database every 1sec (copadata.com) and anyway was about topics not specific for energy. I'm moving it to another node.