Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Modbus_mapping: (2): Assigned variable and expression must have the same type

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Modbus_mapping: (2): Assigned variable and expression must have the same type

Hi, While compiling logic processor program, following error pops up for two variables. Please let me know what does this error mean and how to fix this.
    I am trying to map 61850 client variable in Zenon to Modbus Slave in Logic processor.

On 61850 side these are the two variables:

Default Re: Modbus_mapping: (2): Assigned variable and expression must have the same type

Hi!

I see one SINT and one UDINT.
    One variable is signed and use 8 bits while the other is unsigned and use 32 bits.

What data types in modbus are they mapped to?

Default Re: Modbus_mapping: (2): Assigned variable and expression must have the same type

Hi,

I used  INT  in holding register.

BR,
    Deepak

Hi!

Then you need to convert your variable.
    An Int is signed 16 bits.
    V110 := ANY_TO_INT ({MVDA_52UA!MVDA_52UACTRL/CBXCBR1/...});

Hi,

The reason I choose data type as INT is that when a variable is created using 'Modbus Slave Request> declare variables' the available options are only INT and UINT.

Regardless I changed the datatype to UDINT to match the datatype from IEC 61850 client. That solves the error also.
    Is this also an acceptable way or I will have to use ANY_TO_INT functionality to convert from INT datatype (since MODBUS Slave request creates only INT, UINT variables)?

Hi!

I would recommend reading a quick Modbus intro for basic understanding of the protocol.
    It will make it easier to understand how it works and how to map your variables without extra work.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modbus

As long as you get the offset right, you can (almost) drag and drop your variables to the Holding register.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-05-28 10_13_50-Logic - Modbus.png