Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Error creating file on target system

Default Error creating file on target system

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some development and in order to try my project at runtime I'm trying to launch it on my computer. 

I use a Virtual Machine for the development and I'm trying to launch on the host as a server. 

Apparently everything is working fine, I create the connection and  I get this message

Computer name: DESKTOP-93L780S
    Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® XP/Vista/7 or Server 2003/Server 2008/Server 2008R2 Windows 10 Pro
    Runtime: Inactive
    Start project: "SURDRY_V0" - Runtime folder: "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0"
    Real memory: 4194303 KB free
    Drive C:\ 299097 MB free
    Remote Version: 8.20.0....... Compatibility: 'GUARANTEED'

then I create the RT files and when i hit transfer it says

156  files will be transferred
    1. File "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \system\alc.cmp" Size: 92 byte being transported
    Error creating file on target system "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \system\alc.cmp"!
    2. File "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \system\alc.XML" Size: 63 byte being transported
    Error creating file on target system "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \system\alc.XML"!
    3. File "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \system\amlcel.cmp" Size: 970 byte being transported

Error creating file on target system "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \custom\rdlc\Tendencias.rdl"!
    156. File "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \custom\drivers\LOGIX_ODVA_N1_761_ZENON!.txt" Size: 1291 byte being transported
    Error creating file on target system "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0\RT\FILES\zenon \custom\drivers\LOGIX_ODVA_N1_761_ZENON!.txt"!
    *** 0 of 156 Runtime files have been transferred successfully!
    *** Start project was set to project: "SURDRY_V0" Runtime folder: "C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0"

*** Runtime start was executed. Program folder: "C:\Program Files\COPA-DATA\zenon 8.20\zenRT32.exe"

It even opens the RT  at the host, but apparently its not finding the project folder.

I've set the project path at the Zenon start up tool, but anything I try doesn't seem to be working, 

Could anyone give me a hint of why its not creating the files on the target??

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Default Re: Error creating file on target system

Hi!

By default, zenon creates the runtime folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\zenon_Projects.
    Remote transport usually doesn't have permission to write files into another user folder.

Change the RT folder to something in Public or change the settings for writing permission for C:\Users\Surdry\Documents\SURDRY_V0.

Best regards

Fredrik

Default Re: Error creating file on target system

That works, 

Thank you so much!!!