Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: VSTA Startproblem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stevethefiend Gast

Default VSTA Startproblem

I have recently upgraded 6.22 to 6.50 and cant seem to open the VSTA editor. Whenever i try there is no error message it just doesnt open. i have applied the correct setting (manually) to the zenon6.ini file to no avail. I did install 6.50 straight over the top of 6.22. does anyone know what could be causing the isuues?

Default Re: VSTA Startproblem

which VSTA editor did you try to open?

With VSTA, you can open the VSTA IDE for the editor (workspace), through the file menu, or through the key combination "alt+F10".

You can open the VSTA IDE for the runtime (project), by right clicking in the "scripting" section of the project tree, and choose to start the VSTA IDE.

Did you check if you can open the VBA editor at all?

stevethefiend Gast

I tried to open the editor VSTA from the programming interface tree node. There is no scripting node in my release of 6.50. There is the scripts node under the functions but there is no VSTA option when this is right clicked so i assume this is not what you mean

Take a look into the zenon6.ini which is located in "C:\ProgramData\COPA-DATA\System"
    -> simply enter %cd_system% into the address bar of the windows explorer.

In order to work with VSTA it is necessary to activate both (VBA and VSTA):

[VBA]
    EIN=1
    EVENT=1

[VSTA]
    ON=1
    CSHARP=1

Take also a look into the help documentation where many useful information about VSTA is available:
    Manual -> Programming interfaces -> VSTA -> Basics -> Setting up the VSTA environment

Regards,
    Herbert

stevethefiend Gast

Hi, alerady checked all those settings. Everything was correct (except CSHARP which was zero. I have also changed and checked this too.). I'm going to uninstall zenOn and start with a fresh install. cheers anyway

Did you check, if you can start the VBA editor?

If you check the "info about" splashscreen (menu "help" -> "about") in the editor, is "VBA interface" included in the list?

Quote Originally Posted by stevethefiend View Post
    I tried to open the editor VSTA from the programming interface tree node. There is no scripting node in my release of 6.50. There is the scripts node under the functions but there is no VSTA option when this is right clicked so i assume this is not what you mean
    sorry, yes the tree node has been renamed to "programming interfaces" in 6.50.
    Does it work when you open the VSTA editor through the file menu? When you open through the file menu, you open the VSTA editor, for the zenon editor. When you open through the programming interfaces node, you open the VSTA editor for the zenon runtime.

If you keep having issues, it might be an idea to contact your local support.

I did an installation of 6.22 SP1, on a clean Windows XP SP3 machine, and installed 6.50 SP0 build 1 on top.

After making the zenon6.ini entries, VSTA could be started without any issues, in 6.50.

In the 6.22 editor, the VSTA entries are also available (due to the ini entries), however as VSTA was only installed with 6.50, nothing happens when you try and start VSTA in the 6.22 editor.

Maybe you have not started the 6.50 editor, but try and attempt to start VSTA in the zenon 6.22 editor?

stevethefiend Gast

No i am in 6.50, the issue is appearing to be caused by having a full blown visual studio installation on the machine. I had VSTA working fine in work (but not at home) just installed Visual C# 2010 and VSTA stopped working in ZenOn. I have thoroughly read all the help files / forum posts / google enteries even all the stuff on ActiveX and WPF in the help files just in case there was some erroneously placed information. All i can say at this stage is anyone who intends to use VSTA SHOULD NOT INSTALL visual studio. I am in the process of raising this with COPA-DATA and will post the outcome as and when it is made available to me.