Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: VSTA Startproblem

Default Re: VSTA Startproblem

steve, thanks for your research and the information here. This may help other users affected by this issue as well.

I'm currently downloading the beta2 of visual studio 2010 express edition, and will try and install on a test system, to see if VSTA will continue to work.

Which version of visual C# 2010 / visual studio 2010 did you install?

It may also be that .NET 4.0, which comes with visual studio 2010, somehow interferes with VSTA.

Default Re: VSTA Startproblem

I was able to reproduce this issue in a testenvironment. As soon as .NET 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010 is installed, the VSTA IDE in zenon will no longer open.

We've found out that the reason for this is actually a bug in the .NET 4.0 Framework, delivered with Visual Studio 2010 beta 2.

It appears that this issue is known to Microsoft experts and recognized as a bug.
    Visual Studio 2010 at this point is still not officially released.

We assume, that this issue will be resolved before the official release of Visual Studio 2010, and will continue to monitor this. As soon as a newer version of Visual Studio is available, we will test again.

One workaround is to uninstall the beta or release candidate of Visual Studio 2010, including .NET 4.0.

Another workaround I would recommend, is to rename the folder "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.21006". After the folder is renamed and zenon is restarted, the VSTA IDE should open again. However I cannot tell how this will influence the Visual Studio 2010 installation.

another possible workaround will influence the usage of different zenon versions and VSTA (including any future versions of zenon) I will therefore not advertise the workaround here.

Daumen hoch Re: VSTA Startproblem

good news!

I have downloaded the latest release candidate (RC) of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 pro, which actually contains a newer (v4.0.30128) version of the .NET 4 framework.

It appears this issue has been addressed by Microsoft in the Release Candidate.

When the release candidate of Visual Studio 2010 is installed on a PC where zenon 6.50 is installed, it is still possible to open the VSTA IDE in zenon.