Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Get a bit from a DINT

Default Get a bit from a DINT

Hi everyone, 

I have a prjetc where the PLC sends me the infrmation of sensor status, alrms... within DINT variables that I need to chop/split somehow to get the value separetely of each of the bits of the DINT. How can I do that whithout any script or so? its some sort of configuration of the variable, create it as a data type... ?

Any help will be great. thank you all.

Default Re: Get a bit from a DINT

you can make variables 'externally visible' for zenon Logic and evaluate there. For more hints try the Forum Search for keywords: externally visible.

Frage Re: Get a bit from a DINT

Thak you for your reply,
    Unfortunately my client is not paying for the Logic license, so I need to find the way through the editor tools. There isn't a way to refer to a specific bit of a DINT (or even a DWORD) by addressing? like:

dint var1

bool var1.x

or even in the variables set up?

Thank you

Default Re: Get a bit from a DINT

native in zenon: API (programming interface) or, by limited quantity of variables the MATH driver

Frage Re: Get a bit from a DINT

Hi again,

I keep having aproblem with this. I can read bit by bit from a DINT variable the combine element wroks fine for that. But I have no clue how to write bit by bit into a DINT variable. 

I have to send to the PLC an initial configuration of the machine within a DINT, something like:

I have to make sure the activation of a specific bit do not change the value of any other, or if does, just the required ones.
    I have tried with a Matrix reaction, but I'm not sure how to make sure it sets the values to the variable to be read in the PLC.

Any help will be highly appreciated!!!