Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Zenon Internal Array Variable override with random value intermediately during RT execution

Default Zenon Internal Array Variable override with random value intermediately during RT execution

Hello,

In our recent project and project's which commissioned 2 years back we had the following issue randomly.

Issue is:
    We used Zenon Internal Array variable to save the default values. During RT startup we are updating some values as a default value using VSTA startup macro. After that we are not updating any values in Internal Array.

During RT execution, values in this Array was changed to 0 (zero) or any other value in the array. Then it is again automatically changing to default values sometimes.

This is happening randomly and in 2 years old projects also it is repeating. It is very surprise for us.

Need your support to analyse this issue on urgent basis. Zenon 7.60 version is used.

Regards,
    Dhanapal. 

Default Re: Zenon Internal Array Variable override with random value intermediately during RT execution

Hello,

can you assure that the random value change is triggered by the VSTA startup macro. Are you e.g. wiriting a log file?
    Is the runtime restarted or reloaded?

Did you think of setting the variable property 'Internal Variable -> Initial Value' instead of using a VSTA macro?

Default Re: Zenon Internal Array Variable override with random value intermediately during RT execution

Quote Originally Posted by c.f. View Post
    Hello,

can you assure that the random value change is triggered by the VSTA startup macro. Are you e.g. wiriting a log file?
    Is the runtime restarted or reloaded?

Did you think of setting the variable property 'Internal Variable -> Initial Value' instead of using a VSTA macro?

Hai,

Random value change is not happen from startup macro. Also RT is not restarted.
    But i need to check the reload condition. Can you confirm me whether reload the application will have impact the internal array values during RT execution.

In my application i need a flexibility to change the initial value without editing the zenon editor program. So i created a startup macro. Initial value's are saved in text file and i am reading it in RT startup to maintain it.

Regards,
    Dhanapal