Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Server 2 Not communicating with PLC

Default Server 2 Not communicating with PLC

Hi,
    I have copadata editor in server 1 and runtime in server 2.
    I have ABB PLC.
    Server 1 is communicating with PLC when Server 1 is primary.
    But Server 2 is not communicating when server 2 is primary.
    But I can able to ping the IP address of PLC's from Server 2 when it is in Primary and Standby as well.

Please check the below pics of for better understanding

ABB driver settings

Thanks in advance

Regards

Juned

Default Re: Server 2 Not communicating with PLC

Are you sure that this ABB PLC supports two connections working simultaneously? 

In zenon Network, as well on Server 1 as on Server 2, the zenon drivers are establishing connection to PLC(s), whatever the server's role: primary or standby. By default, both zenon servers are acquiring process data from PLC all the time to assure the seamless redundancy. From the symptoms i'm guessing that this PLC supports only a single connection to a master (driver), and the driver on Server 1 gets it, but this on Server 2 - gets a refusal. In such situation the seamless redundancy will be not available - only one server at time gets the process data. 

You can check if it helps to configure the ABB driver to not run while the server is in standby: activate the check-box 'Stopped on Standby-Server'. Then, when Server 2 takes over, the driver on Server 1 will close the connection to PLC, so the driver on Server 2 will get a chance to connect with PLC.

Beitrag Re: Server 2 Not communicating with PLC

Thanks for your response.

It was working in both servers if I'm closing the runtime of server 1 changeover is happening and second server was communicating with PLC.
    (I was testing servers changeover by just closing the runtime).
    For client inspection we powered off the servers from then this issue is started.
    To evaluate today i have done the following tests.

1. Editor software in Server-1, Server 2 is primary and server 1 is Runtime is OFF.
    Observation: Variables related to ABB driver is not showing (Communication loss). But variables of Other drives (Modbus TCP) is Fine. And PLC IP address are pinging from server-2

2. Editor Software in server-2 and server-1 is completely OFF. Only server-2 is ON. Started Runtime in server-2 again as primary but same all other drivers data is healthy and updating But only ABB driver data is not showing.

3. Deleted the ABB AC500 Driver and added again But still it is the same.

I have same setup in one more location for same project in that i have tested today as well both the servers are running fine and changeover is fine by closing runtime (changeover sequence).

I'm getting confused what could be issue and how this issue has raised.
    Do I have to format the server.
    This is server issue or Copa data issue not understanding.
    All other drivers are updating and getting the data only ABB AC500 driver is not communicating.

Please help me out from this as i was in critical position. Handing over is stopped because of this.

Thanks & Regards

Juned

By interrupt of power supply the Windows does not guarantee the files will be not corrupted. An Windows application (so also any zenon component) must use Windows services to work with HDD, the power loss during write operation on HDD can result in file(s) corruption, and sometimes very hidden damage (the file makes impression that is OK, but is not).

By design, if (only) Server 1 losses power, the Server 2 takes over - becomes process server - and when Server 1 comes back again it starts as standby and first receives the files from Sever 2 which were not affected by power loss. But if both servers loss the power - then you have potentially a severe problem.

While (any) zenon server starts the files from running another server are overwriting local files on starting server. I suppose, after your power loss tests: either the files were corrupted on both servers or were corrupted on this server which then was started first and became the process server; and the second started server got corrupted files. Please contact your local COPA-DATA Support officially, forum is not the right way to help you diagnose and fix the issue.

And generally, i would recommended to power any important PC via an UPC device: to assure few additional seconds Windows needs to safely power off.

Hi!

I do not think it matters (I have not runned redundancy features).
    But we use the driver "3S v3 driver for PLC Handler" when connecting to AC500.
    We do not use ABB AC500 driver.

The 3S driver for PLC Handler requires time sync between PLC and Scada since the time stamp is created in the PLC.

I would add the stauts feedback for the driver to see if it changes when primary secondary is down.
    Also test both symbolic and variable identification.

When primary/secondary is down is it possible to start it with function > variable > driver commands > start driver ??