Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Process gateway modbus | dcs

Ausrufezeichen Process gateway modbus | dcs

Hi,

I have an issue with ZPG(Zenon Process Gateway), in DEMO mode Z 7.2 version i have been checking data transmission from ZPG to DCS as Modbus master. In this scenario, i have polling from Modbus simulator. Actually the whole process takes place here like IED signals to zenon server by IEC61850, then moving to DCS by ZPG in Modbus.

Set up is like IED is connected to Zenon server, then signals are communicating and also ZPG signals are polling in modbus simulator(Master).

If the condition, IED is offline then no signal is reporting to zenon server, but meanwhile ZPG is still running and Modbus Master can able to polling from ZPG slave as response.

Note: Runtime is running in both the condition.

If its behave like this, then how DCS master can switch over from Hot to Standby.?

Aim of this activity is to maintain Hot-Standby fail over respectively with DCS and ZPG also.

Kindly address this issue and suggest me to solve this problem if anything is missed in execution and implementation.

Thanks,

Default Re: Process gateway modbus | dcs

the MODBUS protocol does not have something like quality flags known (and very useful) in energy protocols (IEC 61850, IEC 60870, DNP3). Thus, when zenon IEC850 driver losses connection to IED, the zenon variable gets status/quality INVALID, but this information is not "visible" via MODBUS - for a MODBUS master it looks the same like when value would be (valid) 0.

I propose you to consider an energy protocol as solution to DCS master communication.

If MODBUS, then you have to configure in Gateway to transfer to DCS also the current value of IEC850 connection state / INVALID status. The limit by iec850 variable can call a zenon 'write set value' function setting value to additional INTERN variable. This additional INTERN variable - connection loss alarm - can be then a register in MODBUS.

And, the version 7.20 is already 8 years old, will be soon not supported anymore (https://www.copadata.com/en/support-services/release-support-cycles/). For new systems use the current version - 8.20 (or soon release 10).

Default Re: Process gateway modbus | dcs

Thanks , I got the solution