Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

Default Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

Hi,

I have 2 Zenon copadata in 2 servers in reports, alarms, events and trends are there.
    All the data of 2 servers to be synchronized. If Server 1 is off and server 2 is ON. After some time server 1 is ON then whole data of alarms, events, trends and reports to be synchronized from server 2. similarly vice versa.

In my scenario Alarms, Events and Trends are synchronizing. But Reports are not synchronizing.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Juned 

Default AW: Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

What kind of reports do you have? Usually a report doesn't contain actual data, it is only some kind of template that defines the layout for the data.
    The real data mostly comes from Archives or online Variable values. So there is no need to synchronize the reports, only the data must be synchronized. As you say alarm and events AND TREND is working, I assume the synchronization (especially of Archives) seems to work properly.

Are you saving the report in the runtime? Saving of reports destroys the report because it replaces the formulas in the report by the values.

Default Re: Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

I'm using a function of Report Viewer: export/print as shown below.

I have created a report template with few data.
    Report is saving only in primary server not in standby server.
    In the properties of this function I can see the primary server is selected and standby server is not selected and it is greyed out.

How can I generate the reports in both primary and standby servers.

Thanks in advance.

I did a short Test (zenon 7.60, Win10, Project defined with server and standby, only Standby Server started, Execute function to export/print report) and it worked perfectly on the standby - while he is the primary server.
    I'm not sure if I get you right, do want to print the report on both servers even when the connection is established?
    If so, you can't do that the way you want. This type of function seems to be limited to only execute on (actual!) primary server. I would suggest to use a shared network devie like a NAS as export path on both servers. Or you could use a copy function to transfer the pdf after printing.

Default Re: Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

Thanks for your Support and response.

Yes I need to have reports in both Primary and Standby server.

Can you share an example of copy function.
    I have tried but i can able to copy only 1 pdf. How can I copy complete folder or how can I copy latest pdf.
    As if now I'm saving the reports pdf with date and time. So all the reports will have different name.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Juned

You can use wildcards in the Source-/Destinationpath of the fileoperation function, like "\*.pdf".
    With the options "only execute when file(s) - are younger than..." and unchecked "overwrite existing file" option you should be able to get what you want.
    Remember, you will need the same configuration of network drives on both servers (for example: mapping drive X:\ to the export folder of the other server)

Daumen hoch Re: Report Synchronizing for 2 servers

SOLVED.

THANKS ALOT APPRECIATE FOR YOUR PROMPT RESONSE.

THANK YOU VERRY MUCH.

Regards

Juned