Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Set value in variable diagnosis screen for single variable

Idee Set value in variable diagnosis screen for single variable

Hi 

this is my first time posting in the forum and i am quite new with zenon as well. 

We are trying to setup the zenon 8.00 to just pass along data through DNP_TG driver from 1 remote device to another master station. we are currently using the process gateway for this. 

I was first testing if zenon could see the remote device through the variable diagnosis demo screen and it was successfully reading binary inputs and analog inputs. the only thing i could not test was the digital output and analog outputs. 

I know there is way to set a value from the variable diagnosis, but i am not sure how its done. I tried to set the value to control a digital output, but it doesnt seem to be working. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this? 

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails setvalue.JPG  

Default Re: Set value in variable diagnosis screen for single variable

Hi!

Can you write the variable value at all or is it write protected? Have to tried to change the variable value via a Numeric Value Screen Element? If this is possible you should also be able to change it in the Variable Diagnosis Screen.

Have a good day! 

Default Re: Set value in variable diagnosis screen for single variable

Hi
    I tried using write set function for this and it does work. I would just push a button then the output works. Not sure why it doesnt through variable diagnosis. Any thoughts?

Default AW: Set value in variable diagnosis screen for single variable

You know that 'Change set value' only means that you configure the set value in the list, it does NOT write the value to the variable immideatly. To really write the value to the variable, you have to press one of the Control Buttons 'Set value to selected variable' or 'Set value to all variables' from the diagnosis screen. (Be careful with 'Set value to all variables')