Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trouble with connecting ABB REF615 via modbus

Default Trouble with connecting ABB REF615 via modbus

Hi

I am trying to connect my Zenon Energy edition to an ABB REF615 via Modbus TCP.
    I had played around with the driver setting, and I am unable to make a connection.

In the Runtime, the Modbus variables are marked with a red dot at the corner (no plc connection).

I did succeed in connecting to the device with different software("mdbus control").
    With that software, I had also managed to read and write to the REF615.
    But when using the same configuration to the Zenon drivers, I get no results.

I have tried using both the Modbus Energy Driver and the Modbus RTU and Open Modbus TCP drivers and got the same results.

The "Import variables from driver" option is grayed out. And manually addressing the variable does not work.

It is worth noting that when using the "IEC 61850 driver"  with the same REF615 I had no issue connecting and managed to read and write to the device.

I suspect that I am configuring the drivers wrong. 

Default Re: Trouble with connecting ABB REF615 via modbus

I suppose the SlaveID number is wrong, e.g. 0 (number zero is reserved for broadcasts). In the MODRTU driver the Slave Id (some device manufacturer use "device id" or "link no.") is equal the NetAddr (and variable must have the same NetAddr), in Modbus Energy - the slaveID has separated setting; see in drivers - tab 'Connections'.

Or the addressing of variable: 'driver object type' must be like MODBUS function to access this register (most probable is 'holding register' / 'register'&nbsp and the offsets are starting from 0 or 1 (so if in the device the list starts by 4000h in zenon is 0 or 1);

If this hint does not help - take look in log from driver (DiagViewer) and/or contact your local COPA-DATA Support officially.