Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: what is the minimum system requirements of your ZenOn products?

Default what is the minimum system requirements of your ZenOn products?

Hello,

Just a little question : For your ZenOn products (ZenOn for XP, ZenOn for XP embedded, ZenOn CE for windows CE), what is the minimum system requirements of this three products?

By the way, we have a PLC with Win CE, Pentium MMX 500 MHz Processor, 256 M DDR333-RAM. I want by a ZenOn CE for this PLC, that is the source why I want to ask this question...

Thank you in advance for your help.

christopherpara Gast

Default Re: what is the minimum system requirements of your ZenOn products?

Few important information for you:

Windows CE 5.0 - license for 2048 Variables maximum
    Windows CE 6.0 - license for 4096 Variables maximum

I advice to use zenon 6.50 (newer one) because it has some more nice features but it need more less 10.. 20% more resources (memory) than zenon 6.22 SP1 (previes version).

Which Windows CE do you have, how much storage memory, how much "RAM" memory? Minimum for storage memory is 32MB, but here we are talking about very small project. Minimum "RAM" memory is 64MB (sometimes it may run with 32MB but this has to be very cut out version of Windows CE and very small zenon project).

What PLC+CE do you have?

You try demo version of zenon on your PLC+CE device.

Requirement for PC version of zenon are not so big, but it strongly depends on size of the project you are using. This is very not precise, but I can say that if you have something about 100 Varibles then Pentium 3 500MHz 256RAM Windows XP is enoug, if you have 30'000 Variables then you need few cores machine >2GHz and >2GB RAM. This is only Variable comparation, but it also depending on configuration of Archives (archiving data), how fast enviroment change (values of Variables), and many other aspects.

Contact our seals guys/your seals representative (www.copadata.com) if need DVD with zenon demo.

christopherpara Gast

Quote Originally Posted by christopherpara View Post
    Contact our seals guys/your seals representative (www.copadata.com) if need DVD with zenon demo.
    sorry, of course "sales" not "seals"

Thank you for your answer.

for my system, I have maximum 1000 variables, lots of them are IEC61850 variables.

Now for my PLC, my Win CE is on version 6.0, with Pentium MMX 500 MHz Processor and 256 MB memory. So in your opinion, it is suffisent for the ZenOn CE?

Also, if I want a ZenOn XPe for this system with 1000 variables, 1GHz CPU and 1GB RAM is suffisent?

Sincerely,

Lephis

Few important information for you:

Windows CE 5.0 - license for 2048 Variables maximum
    Windows CE 6.0 - license for 4096 Variables maximum

I advice to use zenon 6.50 (newer one) because it has some more nice features but it need more less 10.. 20% more resources (memory) than zenon 6.22 SP1 (previes version).

Which Windows CE do you have, how much storage memory, how much "RAM" memory? Minimum for storage memory is 32MB, but here we are talking about very small project. Minimum "RAM" memory is 64MB (sometimes it may run with 32MB but this has to be very cut out version of Windows CE and very small zenon project).

What PLC+CE do you have?

You try demo version of zenon on your PLC+CE device.

Requirement for PC version of zenon are not so big, but it strongly depends on size of the project you are using. This is very not precise, but I can say that if you have something about 100 Varibles then Pentium 3 500MHz 256RAM Windows XP is enoug, if you have 30'000 Variables then you need few cores machine >2GHz and >2GB RAM. This is only Variable comparation, but it also depending on configuration of Archives (archiving data), how fast enviroment change (values of Variables), and many other aspects.

christopherpara Gast

Quote Originally Posted by lephis View Post
    for my system, I have maximum 1000 variables, lots of them are IEC61850 variables.

Now for my PLC, my Win CE is on version 6.0, with Pentium MMX 500 MHz Processor and 256 MB memory. So in your opinion, it is suffisent for the ZenOn CE?

Also, if I want a ZenOn XPe for this system with 1000 variables, 1GHz CPU and 1GB RAM is suffisent?
    1000 Variables seems to be not a problem, question is also how often are they updated (how often value change) - but generally we did not meed any resource problems in projects with 1000 Variables

Your CE hardware and XPe hardware seems to be good enough. But as I said there are other aspects to reconsider, like archive size/frequency, alarms table size, cel table size, etc - load from project functionalities.

If you need to choose between zenon CE and XPe then please take a look in our zenon help (zenon and Windows CE, at the end of Manual) on limitations which you can meet with CE version.

With Windows XPe be careful, you need at least 2GB "hard disk" (more than 1GB free space) because in other case installation can failure. If you are not able to have 2GB "hard disk" then please contact us (support), we may inform you with small trick to achieve installation anyway.

Also issue, zenon 6.50.0.1: zenon editor require Windows XP SP3, for zenon runtime enough is Windows XP SP2 (this also consider XPe).

If you want to use IEC61850 then the best would be to use zenon 6.50 SP0 Build1 - official one, newer.

Thank you a lot, christopherpara, for your detailed answer. Especially, I am very interested in your phrase bellow..

Actually, I am a ZenOn XP user. I have built my SCADA central supervision by ZenOn 6.22 SP1 Build1. The most important raison why I choose ZenOn, is that the ZenOn has an IEC61850 client driver.

Generally, your product is very satisfying to me. Therefore, now I want to buy a ZenOn XPe or a ZenOn CE just for a simple SCADA system. And I must decide how powerful a PLC I need to buy in order to support your ZenOn. That is why I posted my question here.

Anyway, return to the story of IEC61850 driver. I have met some “bugs” of your IEC61850 driver of ZenOn 6.22 SP1 Build1 (the same of Build 7). For exemple, the hysteresis and the delay do not work for IEC61850 variables. Sometimes, the refreshment of the values is strangely stagnant, but there is no red point of I-Bit which can alert me…

Howevery, in your opinion, the zenon 6.50 SP0 Build1 has repaired some IEC61850 driver bugs, and it worth costing the time to update my system for zenon 6.5?

Do you have an update list for this IEC61850 driver; And also, which part of your forum is preferred for me to ask the question of this driver? “Data Acquisition“ ?

If you want to use IEC61850 then the best would be to use zenon 6.50 SP0 Build1 - official one, newer.

christopherpara Gast

It is nice to hear that you like our product

I have met some “bugs” of your IEC61850 driver of ZenOn 6.22 SP1 Build1 (the same of Build 7). For exemple, the hysteresis and the delay do not work for IEC61850 variables. Sometimes, the refreshment of the values is strangely stagnant, but there is no red point of I-Bit which can alert me…

If you have any problems with our product you can always reach our support. We will try to solve the problem. I am sorry but at this moment I cannot tell you for sure that exactly your problems were fixed in 6.50, best would be write email to support@copadata.com. Generally hysteresis in spontainous drivers is always a topic.

Yes, the driver qiestions are in "Data Acquisition".