Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problems installing Zenon Editor on a new laptop

mattsd Gast

Default Problems installing Zenon Editor on a new laptop

Hello,

My old laptop is at the end of its life, I have re-installed Zenon Editor (6.2) on a new machine but when it runs, it freezes. I'm sure this is when it connects to its SQL database. I have looked at the services compared to my old machine and ZenDBSvr is not running but automatic. When I try to start it, it fails straight away saying could not start with error 1068 - the dependency service or group failed to start. I have looked at these dependency services and they are all running (MSSQL$ZENON, Remote Procedure Call and ZenSysSrv.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled but the same occurs.

I do have some other automation software that used SQL but can uninstall these as require them.

Is there a reason why this is happening or a way I can get the ZenDBSvr service to run?

Thanks

PS New laptop is XP profession SP3 - same as old laptop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zenon prob1.jpg  

mattsd Gast

Default Re: Problems installing Zenon Editor on a new laptop

hmm, also noticed that ZenSysSrv service is disabled and should be automatic like on old laptop but when I try to change it, I get the following attached:-

The service does not exist
    Is there a way of just reinstalling the Zenon SQL part as this seems to have a problem.

In the meantime, will try another complete uninstall, reboot and install..

Thanks Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zenon prob2.jpg  

Hello Matt.

as I can see from the pictures, the SQL-Server Instance (ZENON_DEV) is from versions 6.21 and higher.
    The zensyssrv is from version 6.20 (directory)

Maybe the SQL-Server Instance (ZENON) does exist or is not startet.

You can run the tool testconnection http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785 to identify problems.

mattsd Gast

Thanks Stefan for the prompt reply.

I ran that utility, selected 6.2 and there was a few error that it fixed, see attached once fixed.

Zenon still freezes when started and trying to access database.

Maybe I did try a newer version of zenon on this laptop when I first got it - hence why ZENON_DEV is as a service. I have disabled this as using 6.2 but still freezes.

I did another re-install as well and did not solve this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zenon prob3.jpg  

please try and use the zenon startup tool, to re-register the zenon services. (the zenon startup tool can be found in the startup tool. It is used to manage different installed zenon versions on one PC)

If there already is an entry in the startup tool, for your installed 6.20 version, please try and register this version, and try again.

If this does not work, please try and disable the option "start zenbssrv as a service" in the properties of the entry in the zenon startup tool, and register the version again. This way, the zendbsrv.exe will no longer be registered as a service, and also does not have the dependancy check on startup, if the MSDE instance "ZENON" is already running.

If you had installed a previous version, please check the taskmanager. There should be only one "zendbsrv.exe" running.

mattsd Gast

Thanks Mark, that fixed it. There were nothing in the startup list, I created a new entry, double clicked on it and it re-registered all the services and works perfectly now.

Going over seas tomorrow and glad this is working ok on the new laptop.

Matt

are you sure you posted in the right forum

With "SL", do you mean you installed "snow leopard" on your mac, and now you can no longer access drive shares on a Windows 2003 server?