Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: CEL does not arrange event follow timestamp automatically

Default CEL does not arrange event follow timestamp automatically

Hi Engineers
    I'm configuring Zenon for a substation and face a problem related to CEL (Chronological Event List):
    If an IED send an event to Server a signal which have timestamp older than the last event was showed on CEL screen: new event should appear in front of the last event automatically. But CEL screen still show new event behind the last event, If I click CEL button, CEL screen will be reload and new event now appear behind the last event.
    could you please help me, the way to configure CEL screen:

Default Re: CEL does not arrange event follow timestamp automatically

your screenshot is black, shows no information.
    and as anyway the CEL is nothing specific for Energy - i'm moving this thread to Supervisor node.

In Chrom this Video works.
    The reason of strange time stamp of new entries is obvious: this device (IED) delivering variables is not time synchronized, runs "in the past" but does not inform that is not time synchronized, thus the driver takes the received (external) time stamp information like it is. It is not sorting problem.

The IED has obviously as well wrong TimeQuality (an IEC 61850 standard compliant device must inform about Time Quality) and it has wrong time accuracy (i see 0.5s). According the IEC 61850 devices must be at least 10ms precise.

Dear Ursula,

Perhaps in this case the device is not time synchronized. However, the behavior that was shown here is not necessarily related to time synchronization problem (i.e. lack of time synchronization), and on the other side it is very possible.
    In the attached picture (capture2.png) you can see the same behavior (timestamps highlighted in yellow). The IED (SEL-751) is time synced for sure (and also all signals shown on the attached picture are from the same device).
    I believe that reason for this situation when newer events have arrived with "older" timestamp is related to the mechanism how reports (when talking about IEC61850) are sent when same signal change faster than bufTm settings. It is sent with next report and even though the second change of same signal happened before the change of some other signal that is packed in the previous report, it will be sent with next one (when bufTm expire) and populated in the CEL based on arrival (and not timestamp).

This shouldn't be hard to solve with some VSTA or VBA macro that would perform sorting every n seconds or upon arrival of each new event (but this could bring unnecessary additional system load).
    I guess the best and most convenient would be if there would be auto sort option (that can be enabled or disabled) as a property of CEL screen switch function.

Kind regards,
    Marko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture2.PNG  

Just to clarify: some very, very long BufTm could be the reason, but only as long different *stVal[ST] variables are changing, not the same one (BufTm affects events on different data attributes). BufTm is to gather and pack more simultaneously happed evens into one report - and prevents the series of small reports. But a single report can contain the particular data set member (so object or attribute) only once. If a particular stVal produces second event during BufTm - then IED must break to gather the data and send the outstanding report with previous everts immediately.

Entries are displayed as coming. You can re-open the screen, or click on column to sort (what version are you using?), or you can contact officially Sales and order the product enhancement.