Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Buffer/Unbuffer report

Default Buffer/Unbuffer report

I have some questions about IEC 61850 driver.

1. I want to active Buffer report in zenon so I add report ID from ICD file. What should I do on next stage? Could you explain more about it? How can I check it that works correctly?
    2. Is there a way that I could select desired RCB from ICD in import stage?
    3. What is functionality of “max. used URCBs” in dirver configuration? It doesn’t limit number of Unbuffer report or tags when I import them from device.
    4. Is it possible to change Identification of variable to desired text?
    5. Currently zenon doesn’t export SCD file and also doesn’t support SSD file, as you know we need them accordance IEC 61850 standards, what is your comment about them?

I use from zenon 6.21 sp1

Thanks

Default Re: Buffer/Unbuffer report

First of all, I would recommend an update to the latest version of zenon, 6.50 SP0 build 1, which includes the latest enhancements in the 61850 driver, many of these features also concern reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto1978 View Post
    1. I want to active Buffer report in zenon so I add report ID from ICD file. What should I do on next stage? Could you explain more about it? How can I check it that works correctly?
    Please also check the latest driver documentation for the topic reporting. Basically when your buffered report is configured correctly in the device, and your variables which are in the dataset for this report are available in zenon, all you need to do is start the runtime.

The driver itself will check the buffered report, based on the variables in the project, and activate the report. Polling for these variables is then disabled. Furthermore if you disconnect the device, change a variable which is in the dataset used at the buffered report several times, and connect the device again, the values should be received in zenon.

To check if the buffered report is active, you can use the diagnosis viewer, this displays information about the communication. Also you can set a long polling cycle for the communication, and change the value. If the report is active, the variables in zenon will change almost immediately, despite the long polling cycle (sent spontaneous). If you want to check if your buffer is working correctly, you can log e.g. each value change of the variable in the event list (CEL). The events, with their timestamps, of the changes made while the connection was interrupted, will be in the event list after you have re-established the connection.

2. Is there a way that I could select desired RCB from ICD in import stage?
    Please check the latest driver version in zenon 6.50 SP0 Build 1. Selection and creation of reports has been improved here.

3. What is functionality of “max. used URCBs” in dirver configuration? It doesn’t limit number of Unbuffer report or tags when I import them from device.
    The driver checks the variables in the project, and the reports in the device. On startup it will verify which reports in the device could be activated. This process is highly optimized and it will not activate indentical reports. With this setting however, you can still limit the amount of buffered reports the driver will activate.

4. Is it possible to change Identification of variable to desired text?
    In the latest version, 6.50 SP0 build 1, it is possible to use either the variable identification, or the variable name as the communication key. In previous versions the variable name was used, and the identification can be named as you desire.

5. Currently zenon doesn’t export SCD file and also doesn’t support SSD file, as you know we need them accordance IEC 61850 standards, what is your comment about them?
    I'm not sure that I understand your question. Could you please be a little more specific? Why do you want zenon to export a SSD file? zenon does not have all this information! Or is your question regarding the IEC61850 server in straton?

Thank for the info, I ‘m sorry for bad English.

1. I‘ll check version 6.5 SP0 ASAP but my currently project has finalized with tender on 6.2 SP1, do you recommend to upgrade it to 6.5 SP0 now? Or it is better on next SP? Also is it free?
    2. Is this necessary to add ID for Buffer report?
    3. Zenon offers all data Attribute (Quality, time stamp...) for each LN in import stage so it takes more time to selection from the list. I think most of them are not useful for me directly.Why dose zenon offer them (e.g. Quality and time stamp)?
    4. My question is about exporting of SCL file from zenon. the SCD or CID files will use for updating IEC61850 device. I want to know that can zenon act as “System Configuration” tools accordance attached file (please attend to figure)? dose zenon export any SCL file?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IED configuration process.pdf  
    Last edited by roberto1978 : 20th January 2010 at 21:24

Thank for the info, I ‘m sorry for bad English.
    no worries

1. I‘ll check version 6.5 SP0 ASAP but my currently project has finalized with tender on 6.2 SP1, do you recommend to upgrade it to 6.5 SP0 now? Or it is better on next SP? Also is it free?
    I can only say, the update to zenon 6.50 is definitely worth it. Usually there is a small update fee, to upgrade from a previous version of zenon. Contact your local sales representative to receive more information.

If you have any issues, I would at least test with zenon 6.50. For example if you have the opportunity to e.g. install zenon 6.50 on a different PC in demo mode.

What all zenon versions starting with 6.20 SP4 are capable of doing, is creating runtime files for previous versions, e.g. the zenon 6.50 editor can create runtime files for 6.21 SP1.

This way you can use the latest editor, without the need to update your runtime license.

2. Is this necessary to add ID for Buffer report?
    The unbuffered reports can be activated multiple times, and are automatically detected, sorted and optimized by the driver. A buffered report however, can only be activated by one host. To prevent zenon from activating all available buffered reports, blocking access from e.g. the standby server, or another system, these must be explicitely configured in the driver. This also requires the report ID. The latest driver documentation describes reasonably well how this must be done, and what needs to be changed in the device. I've attached the latest driver documenation for your convenience at this post, however you will also find it on our homepage and on the zenon 6.50 DVD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IEC850.pdf
Views:	111
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	327

3. Zenon offers all data Attribute (Quality, time stamp...) for each LN in import stage so it takes more time to selection from the list. I think most of them are not useful for me directly.Why dose zenon offer them (e.g. Quality and time stamp)?
    You are right, quality and time stamp are not directly required. The IEC61850 driver reads these attributes automatically, even if they are not created in the project, and maps them e.g. to the .stVal attribute. However the whole object model is browsed and all items received (either from online browsing or from the .scl file) are offered for import. You can use filter in your import window (case sensitive), to quickly select the data attributes you need. e.g. *XCBR1*stVal*

4. My question is about exporting of SCL file from zenon. the SCD or CID files will use for updating IEC61850 device. I want to know that can zenon act as “System Configuration” tools accordance attached file (please attend to figure)? dose zenon export any SCL file?

thanks
    Currently, zenon does not export .scl files. However there are already some ideas that go into this direction. If you think this would a valuable feature, and would like to contribute with your information, please feel free to contact the COPA-DATA energy industry manager, Mr. Jürgen Resch, to share your ideas. He will be very glad to listen to your ideas regarding this topic and share his thoughts. energy@copadata.com

Hi mark

thanks for your previous attention

I update zenon version to 6.50 SP0 for checking your latest enhancement. At this time I concentrate to zenon IEC61850 driver with a F650 relay from GE Multilin (Copadata example in IEC850.pdf). F650 has configurable pre-defined dataset and I use from it without any change. You can find its icd file as attachment.

1. In first step I do not configure RCBs in driver setting(I used from default configuration) then I import a variable from device(online) that dose not include in default dataset of F650. The communication was correct, now do you recommend this communication type? Is this communication type spontaneous?
    2. In second, without any change in driver configuration, I import a variable that included in default dataset of F650, this dataset assigned to buffer an unbuffer report. Communication and indication were correct but buffer application dose not work, could you guess my problem?
    3. What is application of “Use Report-ID for RCB assignment” in Reporting of server configuration window? I can not find explanation for it.
    4. Is this true that the “RCB assignment/dynamic dataset” in server window is only buffer report? If yes, I could select unbuffer RCB in “Client configuration” window? Please find them screen shot as attachment.
    5. Is there a way for selection RCB for offline device from ICD file? Because you can only select them when the device is online.
    6. Is this necessary to create dynamic dataset for RCBs When your device has pre-defined dataset (static type) or it dose not support dynamic dataset. I think that my device dose not support dynamic dataset (I am not sure).

Please be inform that I am interested only to evaluate IEC61850 driver.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

1. In first step I do not configure RCBs in driver setting(I used from default configuration) then I import a variable from device(online) that dose not include in default dataset of F650. The communication was correct, now do you recommend this communication type? Is this communication type spontaneous?
    When this variable is not in a dataset, no reporting (buffered or unbuffered) is used. This means that this is not spontaneous communication. The variable is read by polling the F650, in the configured polling cycle ( default 1000ms, can be changed in the driver configuration)

2. In second, without any change in driver configuration, I import a variable that included in default dataset of F650, this dataset assigned to buffer an unbuffer report. Communication and indication were correct but buffer application dose not work, could you guess my problem?
    The dataset itself only specifies which items are contained in the dataset. This includes the logical device instance, the logical node instance, the logical node class (e.g. general IO, GGIO, or circuit breaker XCBR), the data object name, and the functional constraint.

It is the report (urcb, brcb) which specifies if buffered reporting is used or not. For one dataset, there can be both a buffered report and an unbuffered report.

First of all, I would recommend you to test if your report is generally activated. By default, the driver activates a maximum of one unbuffered report. This number can be changed in the driver configuration.

If you define the polling rate to e.g. 20000 ms (20s) in the driver configuration, you should be able to see immediate value changes in zenon if the unbuffered report is activated by the driver, when you change the value in the F650. If the value does not immediately change, your report is not activated.

Buffered reports need to be configured in the driver configuration first. If they are not configured, they will not be used.

The driver automatically activates up to the max. number of unbuffered reports. On startup the best suited reports are activated, based on the variables currently in the zenon project, if variables are available in different datasets for different reports.

3. What is application of “Use Report-ID for RCB assignment” in Reporting of server configuration window? I can not find explanation for it.
    Reports (buffered and unbufferd) both have a Name and an ID. When you configure a buffered report, you can choose if you want to use either the ID or the name to refer to the buffered report. Please note, that if you change this setting afterwards, any available buffered report in the driver configuration must be reconfigured.

4. Is this true that the “RCB assignment/dynamic dataset” in server window is only buffer report? If yes, I could select unbuffer RCB in “Client configuration” window? Please find them screen shot as attachment.
    The online selection shows all available reports (buffered and unbufferd).

5. Is there a way for selection RCB for offline device from ICD file? Because you can only select them when the device is online.
    Currently the selection of the RCBs is only available with an online connection to the device. However it is not required to be able to configure the brcb. If you know details, you can also manually configure the report without an online connection.

6. Is this necessary to create dynamic dataset for RCBs When your device has pre-defined dataset (static type) or it dose not support dynamic dataset. I think that my device dose not support dynamic dataset (I am not sure).
    No, dynamic datasets are not a requirement for buffered or unbuffered reports. These are optional settings, if the device being used supports this.
    Last edited by markclemens : 22nd March 2010 at 02:24

please don't hesitate to post again if someting is not clear

You may also want to take a look at the diagnosis viewer. Using this utility you can online monitor the communication with the device. By activating further logging level, (debug, deep debug) you can see e.g. which reports are activated by the driver, and for which variables polling is disabled.

Please also feel free to contact our energy industry manager: energy@copadata.com

Hi

1. Could you please check my IEC61850 driver configuration is correct for a sample project as below requirements? then I will test it with the F650.

Host computer name: MAIN SERVER

I use from two RCBs as below:

First RCBs , report ID, Dataset name: brcbSTA01 , inputs1 , eveGGIO1$ST
    Second RCBs , report ID, Dataset name: brcbMXA01 , meas1 , MMXU1$MX

F650 relay supports up to 5 simultaneous IEC 61850 connections thus a maximum of 5 different IEC 61850 clients can connect to it, how you prevent zenon (in MY PC) from activating all available buffered reports? Could you please add other host e.g. standby server to driver configuration

2. Could you please explain more about diagnosis viewer that how recognize report activated?

Best Regards,
    Roberto

Is your computer where you run the zenon runtime called "MAIN SERVER"? This is how it currently is configured in the driver configuration.

For each PC name you can seperately configure which reports should be used. If the runtime is started, the driver checks the PC name, and tries to activate the buffered reports configured here.

In the case of your project, the option "use Report-ID" for RCB assignment is active. In the configration for the PC "MAIN SERVER" however, you use the report name "GEDeviceF650/LLN0/brcbSTA01[BR]"

You can simply deactivate this option, to use the report name instead.

As your configuration with this option currently is not valid (it looks for a report with the ID "GEDeviceF650/LLN0/brcbSTA01[BR]" and does not find it, as this report ID is called "INPUTS1"), it cannot activate the buffered report and will automatically activate the unbuffered report "LLN0$RP$urcbSTA0101" instead.

Please see the manual on the diagnosis viewer for more information, on how to activate further logging levels. When you activate all logging levels for the IEC61850 driver in your project, you will see the following lines in the column "general text" :

Trying to enable LLN0$RP$urcbSTA0101 on device GEDeviceF650
    Sucessfully enabled LLN0$RP$urcbSTA0101 on device GEDeviceF650
    Disabled ST polling for GEDeviceF650/eveGGIO1$ST$Ind20 on device GEDeviceF650

Thanks to your recommendation for using from diagnosis viewer, I understand you.

I could see which report activated but some problems remain as below:

1. I deactivate the option "use Report-ID" for RCB assignment and create log by Diagviewer so there are two errors but buffer and unbuffer report activated. After correct configuration of driver you can see only the activation of buffer report in Diagviewer and there is no error. Please find attached logs for previous tests.

Is this necessary to have the activation of unbuffer RCB (LLN0$RP$urcbSTA01) in Diagviewer when there is error or mistake in driver configuration?

2. What is your recommendation tools for finding Report Name and ID from ICD file when you have not access to PLC configuration tools? For the F650, I found them from “EnerVista 650 Setup” software.

3. How I could select which buffer RCB from 5 of them in the F650 activated for my desired server? Sorry I do not understand it.

4. Main problem is about functionality of buffer report. I disconnect the PLC and make some change in it, after re-established the connection I do not receive them in CEL of zenon.

5. The receive time stamp is not correct in IEC61850 driver for my PLC when I check it in the F650 event list. The Diagviewer display Greenwich time but receive time in CEL is two time of difference between my local time and Greenwich. Please be inform when I use from the DNP3 driver it presents correct time for same variable, I created log for both protocol in same condition.
    Also I test the F650 with other software with IEC61850 protocol that time stamp was ok.
    What do you think about it?

I am sorry for long subject. I hope you have still enough energy to solve my problems.

thanks