Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Variable's name in CEL without the column

cyrilfeasy Gast

Beitrag Variable's name in CEL without the column

Hello,

I need to show in CEL when some variables change (new and old value) so I use "Logging in CEL" in variable's parameters but I want to show which variable has change in the same line BUT I don't want to show the "entry in the list" (column) : variable name. (or only for this kind of message)

Is it a way to do this ?

Thanks
    Cyril

(using Zenon 6.22. SP1 Build7)

Default Re: Variable's name in CEL without the column

Hello cyrilfeasy,

Yes you are correct, additional you can easily remove the column variable name by unchecking this column in the CEL settings.

Therefore please go to the Project Settings -> Chronological Event List -> Column Setting CEL ...

There you can uncheck the column variable name.

Bernhard

cyrilfeasy Gast

Thanks bernhardg

For this part, it's ok but my real problem is how to put the variable name in CEL's type line "Modify spontaneous value: Old: (...) New: (...)" in front or behind. (showed when you choose "Logging: All" and check "Old and new value" in properties "Logging in CEL" of "Set value" of a variable)

I need to show the variable name but only for this kind of message and not for the rest (I have also Alarm and Acknowledge in the CEL)

Best regards

Cyril

Default AW: Variable's name in CEL without the column

Hello cyrilfeasy,

to overload this cels type entry is not possible, but you can create an own function for writing a string into the CEL in VBA.

Therefore you have to disable the automatic logging into cel in the project settings, and link every changement of an variable with your written VBA code.

With VBA its possible to write your own statements into the CEL.

Best Regards,

Bernhard

cyrilfeasy Gast

Thank you for your answer !

I'll try to do something like you said.

Have a nice day

Cyril

what may also be a solution, would be to create two different CEL views. Create one function without the variable column for your default view. Create a second function which contains the variable column, but has a text filter e.g. "old" to show only the entries which contain value modifications. Using the profiles in the MDI picture, or two seperate buttons, you can easily switch between these two views.

In zenon 6.50, the filter dialog for alarms and CEL is now available as a seperate picture, with normal control elements. Using this picture also allows you to quickly switch between two different views