Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Straton IEC 60870 104 Slave Timestamp

Default Straton IEC 60870 104 Slave Timestamp

Hi All,

I have problem with Straton Version 8.6 ( find attached version screenshot ) with IEC 60870 104 timestamp information. I didn't find it in the IDE of straton, can you please tell me where i can find this information, is very urgent to be able to pass the tests of utility in our application.

Default Re: Straton IEC 60870 104 Slave Timestamp

When you program changes the variable value then - using VSISet* functions - you can also set the wished "time tag". Please note that this time stamp the slave then sends to 870-masters only when variable is defined as an Information Object with the right Type Identification. According IEC 60870-5-104 protocol these are only Type ID = 30..37 (information types with "time tag CP56Time2a").
    And there is no VSIGetDate/Time suport in this driver, so the slave driver accepts any "time tag" delivered in commands and to your application transfers only the received value of this command.    
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DHonGfXr69.png  

Hi,

Maybe i'm not an expert of communication over IEC 60870 104. But i will try to explain what is my problem. Now i have one project running with some Modbus MAster who read some device and i have to export these information via IEC 104 to the utility ( substation ). 

During the tests with the Utility they asked me to compare the timestamp sent to the master with the one in the straton, but i didnt find this info. I was thinking that automatically when u put some variable as T30 ( single point with time tag ) the system send the timestamp inforamtion, is not like this? i need to set the timestamp info for each signal?

In few words: what i need is to see the timestamp sent to the 870 master.

When variable is configured as T30, 31 etc. and you are not using the VSISetDate function, then by any value change the driver sends this value with the time stamp equal the current time of the local clock. If your slave sends wrong(?) time stamps then check what time has the clock in this PC.
    What slave is sending you can see in Wireshark. What time, zone and daylight settings has the PC - see in the Operating System (or using functions accessing the clock).

So the only one way to check it is via Wireshark, do you have guide for do it? 

Wireshark is a sniffing program. Wikipedia? 

I don't think Wireshark is the proper solution to my problem. Is there any way to read this timestamp information from the Straton IDE or maybe in any database. Please it's urgent to solve this problem as soon as possible.

even if you repeat the question the answer is still the same:
    • the time the slave driver sends is the time determined by the computer clock. The slave driver does it automatically. If 870-master claims to receive data with wrong time stamps - check the computer clock of your slave device. And make sure the clock in slave device has the same time zone and daylight saving settings as the master.
    • the slave driver supports for time stamps only Set, not Get functions, so in your program code you can eventually manually Set some other time as this given by the clock; and this time driver will send (instead the clock time) while sending the value. But after the driver has sent the value with time, you cannot get information what exactly clock time the driver had used while sending last value. The slave had used the time from the clock (so some milliseconds about the time you see while reading the computer clock). Or slave had sent exactly the time from the Set function, if programmed.
    • the content of a communication frame - like the time information sent in each ASDU - a human can see while sniffing the communication, e.g. using Wireshark. Or in the master receiving this data, if this master displays it. But if a master has bug or mismatching time zone settings, then it could display another time as this received. Thus, the only possible objective check what information goes from the slave to the master - is to sniff it. Wireshark sniffs independent from slave and master and shows the truth.

While reading this, a quick idea:

As Ursula said, if you do not use a SET* function, the time given to the variable is the one of the machine/computer, automatically set by the 870 Slave.
    This is not possible to recover it from the Slave application.

But if you want to see the time/clock of the machine directly in the application, you can use:

CurrentTime := DAY_TIME(DINT#1);    // With CurrentTime declared as a STRING(255)

Again, this will only give you the current time of the machine on which the application is running, not the time set to the 870 variable; but this way you can have a rough idea about what is sent to the Master when the value changes.