Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: GOOSE publisher via zenon Logic

Default GOOSE publisher via zenon Logic

Dear support team

I use zenon 7.10 for my diploma dissertation. I need to create SCADA for medium voltage system model, where I use 2 control relays (ABB REF615) as my IEC61850 IEDs. I want to control these relays (to open and close circuit breakers) by GOOSE messages.

I created zenon Logic project with IEC850 driver and I configured connection with "IEC 61850 Server incl. GOOSE". On the "Model" tab I uploaded my server configuration (.icd) in which I included proper DataPoints and GOOSE messages (which I want to send). Now I can import from server configuration DataPoints that are responsible for circuit breaker closing/opening (1st attachment), but when I toogle them to "TRUE" the program send all GOOSEs related with this DataPoint (in effect I open/close both CB in the same moment by one command). 

Is there a possibility to send a single GOOSE message in zenon? Maybe there's another solution besides Logic?
    My GOOSE messages configured in .icd file are visible when I upload a config in "GOOSE" tab in server configuration (2nd attachment), but this option let me only to receive GOOSE. I tried to use function block "IEC61850_Write" but I doubt this is working properly for GOOSE.

I will be very grateful for help, because I can't go any further with this problem.

Best regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails config.PNG   GOOSE_2.PNG  

Default Re: GOOSE publisher via zenon Logic

Why would you control a CB on an IED from an HMI via GOOSE? That makes no sense.

From 61850-7-1:
    "6.4.2.2 GSE and SMV model concept
    The generic substation event (GSE – GOOSE) and the sampled measured values (SMV), as shown in Figure 16, provides the peer-to-peer information exchange between the input data values of one IED to the output data of many other IEDs (multicast)."

61850 standard has an entire object model for controls per 6.4.2.1 which contains all the required characteristics for carrying out controls, eg checking connditions, feedback, blocking, command termination etc. GOOSE is multicast and does not even have a 'confirm' so that the sender can see that the message has been recevied by the receiver.

The only time GOOSE would be controlling a breaker would be if another relay were to send a GOOSE message which the IED would then process as part of some logic which may then chose to trip the breaker as part of some protection scheme.

Thank you very much @HMIdeveloper123. I just started working with the IEC61850, so I still have gaps in knowledge on this topic.

I use control model of my IED (CTRL.CBCSWI.Pos.Oper.ctlVal) and write value to datapoint by IEC61850_OPER function in Logic. Now it works fine!

GOOSE is not the right protocol to open/close circuit breakers from a SCADA system. GOOSE is a way for e.g. Protection devices to send the signal to trip (force open) - to the IEDs controling the breakers. But if on IED then opens the CB depends on its programming.

The right way for SCADA - Relays communication is not GOOSE but Client-Server protocol (IEC 61850-8-1, MMS). In zenon Logic this is another driver: 'IEC61850 Client' (so not the server you took). And the function IEC61850_OPER and IEC61850_Write are created to work in the client driver. Without the 850-client driver they do nothing.  

Thank you for reply @ursulak. I did exactly as You wrote (IEC 61850 Client + IEC61850_OPER function). Now it works the way I wanted