Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Enable report control blocks

Default Enable report control blocks

Hi,

I have a question about report control blocks in zenon which I was not able to find in the help. I know how to setup the zenon IEC 61850 client and receive variables from the  server as well as information related to the report control blocks. But I was not able to disable or enable RCBs. Is this a possibility in zenon? Am I able to disable a report control block and not receive any new data from the server? Sorry if the question is basic but as I said, I could not find a definitive answer from the help.

Best regards,
    Mehrdad 

Default Re: Enable report control blocks

Hi mehrdad6687

I'm not very experienced with 61850 but I did some digging in the help.

RCBs are defined in the "DatSet" (data set) attribute of the RCB . The Data Set is defined in the SCL file of the IEDs and consists of references to data objects.

An RCB is not activated:
    • If no dataset is linked.
    • If an empty data set is linked.
    • If the linked data set does not exist or cannot be found.

Corresponding warning entries are created in the LOG file.

Some documents in the help that might be relevant for you:

IEC850 > Reporting

Best Regards

Douglas

Default Re: Enable report control blocks

>But I was not able to disable or enable RCBs. Is this a possibility in zenon?

At the start of zenon Runtime, the IEC850 driver enables all RCBs (URCBs and/or BRCBs) which are configured (for this particular Hostname - PC name where Runtime runs) in the driver configuration -> 'RCB assignment'.
    In addition, the iec850 driver may enable also some URCBs (chosen automatically by driver) when setting 'Max. auto used URCBs' is not 0. 

I do not know any reasonable reason to disable assigned RCBs, but if you must(?) do it then:
    - in driver configuration you can rename Hostname making it invalid (non- existing PC name) and configure 'Max. auto used URCBs' = 0 --> after project reload there will be no reporting, all variables will be polled (read periodically);
    - Or, you can create in zenon variables referring the data attributes RpEna (BOOL) and set value 0. Then IED (850-server) will stop to send reports, relevant variables will be not updated anymore. Note: rest of variables will be still acquired by polling.

>Am I able to disable a report control block and not receive any new data from the server?

To not receive data from an 850-Server (what is the use-case?) I would rather propose to stop the driver (or change the mode to 'simulation stopped'). You can do it manually in the runtime using zenon functions 'driver command'.

> I could not find a definitive answer from the help.

Hmm, in my opinion it is documented in the help, probably not "definitive" as the disabling of RCBs is not some popular scenario, and the enabling does the driver for you just because of the driver configuration in section 'Reporting' and no other steps are needed.