Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: INTERN and SIMUL32 driver in Command Processing

Ausrufezeichen INTERN and SIMUL32 driver in Command Processing

Dear zenon support team,

I need to integrate several IEDs (relays) using Modbus TCP/IP (Modbus Energy Driver). These IED's are able to control circuit breakers and ccording to its Modbus mapping, there are two boolean signals for open and close status (there is no double point status available) and one signal (register) for control (UINT in this case, value '1' for open and '64' for close command).

I started to integrate one of them and I create an INTERN variable to make a conversion from two boolean signals to one double point status signal (for response variable) using zenon logic in order to execute open/close command to circuit breaker in Command Processing (action variable for control is set directly to the IED in Modbus TCP/IP). However, zenon generates an error after creating runtime files ("Response variable is based on a driver without process connection!").

Then I create a double point status signal again but this time using SIMUL32 variable and changing command action to "set value input". Now, it seems command processing is working well from command screen in runtime.

I would like to know if it is the only way to execute this kind of command signals (with this kind of status signals) from protocols which are not necessarily IEC 61850. If so, does it mean I have to create a SIMUL32 variable for each circuit breaker status from each IED? By the way, I read older post in the forum and it seems they recommend to use  INTERN driver instead of SIMUL32 driver.

I am sharing some screenshots with you. zenon Energy Edition version is 8.10 Build 61858.

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Jose_Alejandro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Command_Processing.jpg   Variables.png  

Default Re: INTERN and SIMUL32 driver in Command Processing

>I read older post in the forum and it seems they recommend to use  INTERN driver instead of SIMUL32 driver.

I'm not finding such forum post, where did you find this???

In zenon Help it is documented that "Attention: The internal driver is not suitable for response variables". In forum there is in the thread https://forum.copadata.com/showthread.php?2046-Status-of-Action-Variables-in-Runtime also the clear statement that INTERN variables does not work as responses in Command Processing actions.

The INTERN driver, as in zenon Network variables can be local, does not allow the status bit NET_SEL. And the Command Processing allows actions only while response variable successfully got NET_SEL.

If you have to map 2 BOOL variables to one single double-point information (DPI with values 0, 1, 2, 3, e.g. USINT) using the zenon Logic, then you have to create this DPI variable in stratonNG driver or use any - simulation but stopped - process driver and make DPI variable extern visible. This process driver could be stopped SIMUL32 or MODRTU32 in 'simulation stopped' mode, etc. 

Dear ursulak,

Thank you for your assistance.

I'm not finding such forum post, where did you find this???
    I found this thread https://forum.copadata.com/showthread.php?1936-SIMUL-Variable but I think the request is not similar so I misunderstood the answer.

In zenon Help it is documented that "Attention: The internal driver is not suitable for response variables". In forum there is in the thread https://forum.copadata.com/showthread.php?2046-Status-of-Action-Variables-in-Runtime also the clear statement that INTERN variables does not work as responses in Command Processing actions.
    You are absolutely right. That is why my second try was SIMUL32 driver but I have never used it before and I was not really sure about it.

If you have to map 2 BOOL variables to one single double-point information (DPI with values 0, 1, 2, 3, e.g. USINT) using the zenon Logic, then you have to create this DPI variable in stratonNG driver or use any - simulation but stopped - process driver and make DPI variable extern visible. This process driver could be stopped SIMUL32 or MODRTU32 in 'simulation stopped' mode, etc. 
    I tried your first recommendation and it works. Now I have one more question: When I create/add a new variable in zenon logic and then make it visible in zenon editor (set STRATON property and Syb column), does it count as a new/additional 'used' tag? Can I create many of them as I need in zenon logic regardless of the tag limit (license)?

When I need to use zenon logic, I usually set externally visible property for each PLC signal like you mention and use new local variables only for programming (not visible in zenon editor).

Best regards,

Jose_Alejandro

see zenon Help: Manual > zenon Logic > zenon Logic Runtime for Windows > Licensing > TAG handling zenon - zenon Logic

The number of the TAGs used in zenon Logic is the number of I/Os minus those variables which are already considered at the license calculation in zenon. The already considered I/Os are those which in Logic have the profile zenOnRT (extern visible zenon variables) or the profile of the Integrated Solution - default STRATON (zenon variables of stratonNG driver). This makes sure that no I/Os are counted twice, but licensed either in zenon or in zenon Logic.

The I/Os used are displayed in the zenon Logic Runtime user interface - button About….