Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: internal variable configured as Network calculation but act as local

Default internal variable configured as Network calculation but act as local

Dear all,

I have taking over a project where 2 internal variable are used. These variable calculation type are configured in the editor as network.

But they act like the calculation type is local. I was troubleshooting on these values and changed the Remanence Type. These changes are working. I Don't know the history or how they where initially downloaded.

Now my questions:

*in the runtime the adress of the variable is BI (0) 0000.00. Does this stand for Binary or for Binary Internal? 
    *if i change a configuration of a tag will the runtime changes files contain the tag with all it configuration or only the changed part?

Thanks for your help in advance

Default Re: internal variable configured as Network calculation but act as local

>But they act like the calculation type is local.

Are you sure? What exactly is the symptom?
    By me works always perfectly.

>in the runtime the adress of the variable is BI (0) 0000.00. Does this stand for Binary or for Binary Internal?

Why do you need to know it?

The Intern driver addresses the variables via their name (string given by user), not by the data type or offset etc. Thus, in the runtime the column in variable diagnosis screen shows some initial (empty) addressing parameter (common for all drivers), not the info what would be really relevant for these internal variables.

The way how the particular driver addresses variables you can find in driver creation dialog or in help - driver - 'data sheet': "Address based" or "Named based".  

>if i change a configuration of a tag will the runtime changes files contain the tag with all it configuration or only the changed part?

This depends on driver and kind of change. Why do you need to know it? Are you trying manually manipulate then runtime files?

I suppose you are looking at wrong place, these variables are network and you only do not see some updates but of other reasons. E.g. you are updating the project not of currently running process server, but of standby or client. Or your variable diagnosis screen has deactivated the refresh of values.