Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Reaction matrix condition time hysteresis

Default Reaction matrix condition time hysteresis

Hey!

I'm working with reaction matrixes in ZEE 8.20 and I'm trying to make it trigger CEL entries with time hysteresis. What I mean is that there is an option called "delay" and it works fine, limit value that I set is not triggered until that state is active for certain amount of time. I would want to make it so it doesn't trigger when variable value changes for some short amount of time and then changes back to the previous value. It triggers the limit value violation and CEL entry again, which I'd like to avoid. Is there a simple way to do it?

Kind regards,
    Łukasz

Default Re: Reaction matrix condition time hysteresis

sorry, i'm not sure what you want. When do you want to produce new CEL entry?
    Assuming a BOOL variable got value 1 and it shall result after 10s delayed in a new CEL entry, but then this variable toggles 0/1 shortly after 5s: do you want this CEL entry 10s after first value 1 or after second 1? If after first 1 - what is criteria to differ between short value toggle - to be ignored - or normal value change - to trigger new, next CEL entry?

Let me try to give an example of what I mean. Let's assume boolean variable value 1 generates CEL entry. With 5s delay it generates entry 5 seconds after it's value was set to 1. Then for some time, that value is not changed, it's still 1 after the entry was added to CEL. At some point afterwards value of that variable changes to 0 for 1 second, and then goes back to 1 and stays that way. In that situation, after 5 seconds there will be second CEL entry and that's what I'd like to avoid. I want to set some time threshold, let's say 3 seconds, so that the variable value would have to stay 0 for at least 3 seconds before it could generate CEL entry after being set to 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukbla View Post
    Let me try to give an example of what I mean. Let's assume boolean variable value 1 generates CEL entry. With 5s delay it generates entry 5 seconds after it's value was set to 1. Then for some time, that value is not changed, it's still 1 after the entry was added to CEL. At some point afterwards value of that variable changes to 0 for 1 second, and then goes back to 1 and stays that way. In that situation, after 5 seconds there will be second CEL entry and that's what I'd like to avoid. I want to set some time threshold, let's say 3 seconds, so that the variable value would have to stay 0 for at least 3 seconds before it could generate CEL entry after being set to 1 again.
    Here is one way to acheive what you want, but depending on your situation may or may not be suitable.

If your variable attached to process is VAR_INPUT you would create a 2nd internal variable VAR_OUTPUT (you can determine best settings around 'inital value, remanence and local/network depending on your situation).
    You create 2 functions. 1 will write set value (direct to hardware) of VAR_OUTPUT = 0 the other will write set value VAR_OUTPUT = 1
    VAR_INPUT will have a rema_INPUT for value = 0 to run the WSV = 0 function. Put a 3 second delay on this. Note Do not tick the 'CEL' entry box.
    Rema_INPUT also has value = 1 to run the WSV = 1  function. Put a 5 second delay on this. Note Do not tick the 'CEL' entry box.
    VAR_OUTPUT has rema_OUTPUT with value 0 = "Your 0 CEL text" and 0 delay
    rema_OUTPUT with value 1 = "Your 1 CEL text" and 0 delay.

This is only really a viable solution if there are a small number of variable you want to apply this logic to, as you need twice the number of varibles plus 2x functions + extra rema for each time you want to do it. If you're applying this to a larger number of variables then perhaps someting like zenon logic would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by HMIdeveloper123 View Post

Here is one way to acheive what you want, but depending on your situation may or may not be suitable.

If your variable attached to process is VAR_INPUT you would create a 2nd internal variable VAR_OUTPUT (you can determine best settings around 'inital value, remanence and local/network depending on your situation).
    You create 2 functions. 1 will write set value (direct to hardware) of VAR_OUTPUT = 0 the other will write set value VAR_OUTPUT = 1
    VAR_INPUT will have a rema_INPUT for value = 0 to run the WSV = 0 function. Put a 3 second delay on this. Note Do not tick the 'CEL' entry box.
    Rema_INPUT also has value = 1 to run the WSV = 1  function. Put a 5 second delay on this. Note Do not tick the 'CEL' entry box.
    VAR_OUTPUT has rema_OUTPUT with value 0 = "Your 0 CEL text" and 0 delay
    rema_OUTPUT with value 1 = "Your 1 CEL text" and 0 delay.

This is only really a viable solution if there are a small number of variable you want to apply this logic to, as you need twice the number of varibles plus 2x functions + extra rema for each time you want to do it. If you're applying this to a larger number of variables then perhaps someting like zenon logic would be better.

Thank you, that solved the issue. I was just wondering if there is a more simple way, something like the delay option because it's similar.

Hi!

You could use zenon Logic for this.
    Your input variable could trigger a timer that changes a second variable that is displayed in the REMA. If the signal change value during the set time, the timer would reset.

Best regards

Fredrik