Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Process Gateway OPC UA used to initiate IEC61850 Double Commands

Default Process Gateway OPC UA used to initiate IEC61850 Double Commands

Hi,

I am at the moment working on a project conversion from Sicam 230 to Zenon Energy Edition and I have some questions on the Sicam Gateway functions which now have to be programmed using the Process Gateway.

In Sicam 230, I have the following concept:

- Sicam SCADA Servers connected to x IED's using IEC61850.

- IEC104 connection to a higher level dispatch center. (AK driver in combination with the Gateway function found under Variables)

- OPC connection using the Process Gateway to initiate double commands to the HV switchgear in the IEC61850 IED's.

- Two Boolean variables are available in the Process gateway: CB_OPC_ON and CB_OPC_OFF. To initiate a switching command, a "1" is written in these variables for 1s.

- These variables trigger a gateway rule in the Sicam 230 Gateway. There a connection is made to the IEC61850 Command variable, and so also the Command Group and response variable.

- This Gateway handles the SBO data exchange with the IED because OPC cannot handle this.

When trying to convert this in the Zenon Energy Edition using the process gateway, I have some problems:

- I try to connect the two boolean variables CB_OPC_ON and CB_OPC_OFF again to the IEC61850 command variables. I tried using a Rema on these variables, which activates a "write set value" function when the value of boolean variable becomes 1. This does not work, because these functions seem not to work when you try to write on a variable which has a link to a Command Group. I then tried the same writing code in VBA, but with the same result. The values are not written on the command variables. When I remove the command groups on the command variables, the vba script works, but then my commands in my Zenon screens don't work any more. The popup screen does not appear any more because the Command Group is missing.

So my first question is: is there a way to write on the command variables using "write set value" functions, VBA, ... without removing the command groups?

Is there another approach on how to deal with this problem?

A second question is related again to the gateway, but now for commands coming from the higher level dispatch center:

I have the following concept in Sicam 230 which has to be converted to Zenon Energy Edition:

- Sicam SCADA server is connected to IED's using IEC61850.

- Sicam SCADA server is connected to a higher level dispatch center using IEC104 (AK driver)

- The Sicam Gateway handles incoming double commands coming from the dispatch center sent to the IEC61850 IED's. So the Gateway connects the AK driver command variables to the IEC61850 driver command variables and so also the connection to the command group on the IEC61850 variable, making the connection with the response variables in IEC61850. This response variable is then also routed to an AK driver response variable which is sent back to the dispatch center.

- On the incoming IEC104 commands, an interlock is programmed: command will only go through, if the Sicam SCADA system is in Remote control. (this is an internal variable, datatype = BOOL)

In Zenon, using the process gateway, I can route the commands coming in in IEC104 to the IEC61850 IED's, however, as far as I know, there is no possibility to put an interlock on incoming commands. I added an AutoRemoteCommand action in the command group, but as stated in the manual, even when you program interlock conditions on it, the software ignores them and sends the commands to the IED's anyways. I tested it too but unfortunately the manual was right.

Is there a way to program interlocks on incoming commands from the proc gateway in another way?

Thanks for sharing your ideas,

Philippe

Best Answer

Default Re: Process Gateway OPC UA used to initiate IEC61850 Double Commands

When a command variable e.g. */Oper.ctlVal[CO] is linked with Command Group, and you want to set value on this variable "behind" the Command Processing, then you have following ways:
    • add in the Command Group the action 'set point input' with direction 'set value'. More in Help, in 'Information' box in topic:
      Manual > Energy Edition > Command Processing > Engineering in the Editor > Configure command processing > Action types > Action type set point input
    • or make a Recipe in RGM and call function executing this recipe.
    • or link this variable directly in zenon Process Gateway as an output.
    • or create in 'Command Sequencer' module the sequence (of one 'switching command' action) and call function executing the sequence. This will respect the action interlocking conditions.

Your question was about OPC, so just to mention additionally: zenPG IEC870 Slave this would be an IO with Type ID T46 (or T45, T47).

The zenPG IEC870 Slave uses 'auto/remote' actions only by activated 'Select routing'. When zenPG IEC870Slave has deactivated 'Select routing' and/or this zenon variable has deactivated 'Select before Operate' property, then zenPG pokes (sets) the output value directly to the driver (e.g. iec850), not involving the Command Processing.

To introduce the local/remote interlocking for all commands incoming via zenPG IEC870 Slave, you can use additional internal variable linked in zenPG as IO with T00 and IOA = 2 'reject or ignore commands'. When zenPG has this IO configured and linked variable has value 0, then if refuses (responds negatively) the commands coming from the remote 870-master. More in Help:
    Manual > Process Gateway > IEC870 slave > Communication > Internal type T00 (status variable).
    Last edited by ursulak : 11th May 2020 at 09:18 Reason: completed

Hi Ursulak,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't think all these options are applicable for me.  The goal is to use the Command Processing, so I am sure my commands are executed using my settings such as the qualifier of control, interlocks are checked, ...

I think it is not ok to set directly IEC61850 variables directly in the gateway using opc as this will cause other problems, e.g.:
    - a circuit breaker is closed using the process gateway by writing 1 on the command variable.
    - an operator later opens the same circuit breaker immediately on the IED.
    - closing this breaker by writing directly on the command variable in the process gateway will not work now, since the value remained at 1 since the last executed command (as on off command was never given on the Zenon variable).  That was the main reason why in Sicam 230 the commands given in OPC were initiated by setting a 1 during 1s on an internal variable. 

I guess the command sequencer option might work.  I did some tests this morning but I have some questions.
    - I don't find the configuration module for the Command Sequencer in the editor.  Can you tell me where I can configure my sequences?
    - I was able to start a command sequencer configuration module in runtime as a test.  I made a test sequence to close one breaker in automatic mode.  When I start the sequence in this runtime editor, it is still not executed completely automatically since the command screen pops up and expects the operator to click on the execute button.  Is there a setting to make sure this command screen does not popup and the commands are executed completely automatically?

For the interlock question on commands coming in through the process gateway in IEC60870:
    Thanks for the reply on the LocalRemote, but this will not help me in all cases in my project.
    I just asked the question for a Local Remote function as an example to keep the question simple.  But in my project I will have a lot of other interlocks on different command variables.  So I must find a way to link interlocks on auto remote commands.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    When a command variable e.g. */Oper.ctlVal[CO] is linked with Command Group, and you want to set value on this variable "behind" the Command Processing, then you have following ways:
    • add in the Command Group the action 'set point input' with direction 'set value'. More in Help, in 'Information' box in topic:

Manual > Energy Edition > Command Processing > Engineering in the Editor > Configure command processing > Action types > Action type set point input

• or make a Recipe in RGM and call function executing this recipe.

• or link this variable directly in zenon Process Gateway as an output.

• or create in 'Command Sequencer' module the sequence (of one 'switching command' action) and call function executing the sequence. This will respect the action interlocking conditions.

Your question was about OPC, so just to mention additionally: zenPG IEC870 Slave this would be an IO with Type ID T46 (or T45, T47).

The zenPG IEC870 Slave uses 'auto/remote' actions only by activated 'Select routing'. When zenPG IEC870Slave has deactivated 'Select routing' and/or this zenon variable has deactivated 'Select before Operate' property, then zenPG pokes (sets) the output value directly to the driver (e.g. iec850), not involving the Command Processing.

To introduce the local/remote interlocking for all commands incoming via zenPG IEC870 Slave, you can use additional internal variable linked in zenPG as IO with T00 and IOA = 2 'reject or ignore commands'. When zenPG has this IO configured and linked variable has value 0, then if refuses (responds negatively) the commands coming from the remote 870-master. More in Help:

Manual > Process Gateway > IEC870 slave > Communication > Internal type T00 (status variable).

zenon process Gateways which are supporting the feature of Select routing - IEC870 Slave and DNP3 Outstation - are supporting it via use of auto/remote-actions of Command Processing. Other Process Gateways, like OPC, are not.

> using opc [..] I don't find the configuration module for the Command Sequencer in the editor.  Can you tell me where I can configure my sequences?
    The sequences you can configure only in the Runtime. The sequences are using actions defined in the Command Processing. Thus in Editor, in the project tree, there is no extra node for Sequencer.

> Is there a setting to make sure this command screen does not popup and the commands are executed completely automatically?

Command Processing - Command Group - Action - section 'Command Sequencer' - check-box: 'Ignore "two-stage"'

> commands coming in through the process gateway in IEC60870 [..] So I must find a way to link interlocks on auto remote commands.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dPHxTipHGs.png  

Hi Ursulak,

Thank you for your reply.  

I just see your message now.  I was testing in parallel and got the command sequencer running, without popup screens, and initiated by a test button.

More tests are needed, but this might probably be a solution for both my questions.

Next test will be to automatically initiate the sequences and check interlock conditons in the command processing.

Later on, when I have an actual IED, tests will be done with interlocks in the IED.  But that will probably work since the command processing is used.  (at the moment I test with an IED simulator, so I can only see the select and operate of the commands enter the simulation software.

Thanks for your support !!
    Philippe

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    zenon process Gateways which are supporting the feature of Select routing - IEC870 Slave and DNP3 Outstation - are supporting it via use of auto/remote-actions of Command Processing. Other Process Gateways, like OPC, are not.

> using opc [..] I don't find the configuration module for the Command Sequencer in the editor.  Can you tell me where I can configure my sequences?
    The sequences you can configure only in the Runtime. The sequences are using actions defined in the Command Processing. Thus in Editor, in the project tree, there is no extra node for Sequencer.

> Is there a setting to make sure this command screen does not popup and the commands are executed completely automatically?

Command Processing - Command Group - Action - section 'Command Sequencer' - check-box: 'Ignore "two-stage"'

> commands coming in through the process gateway in IEC60870 [..] So I must find a way to link interlocks on auto remote commands.