Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Import / Automatic creation of Variables in STRATON

Default Import / Automatic creation of Variables in STRATON

Hi

I have approx 200 remote I/O nodes each with 8 digital inputs & 8 Digital outputs.
    These are to be connected to STRATON over Modbus-TCP.

Remote I/O controller maps these I/Os in Holding register. Therefore one holding register is to be read & one register to be written to each node.

Can you suggest some good method to create I/O configuration having 200 nodes with seperate IP address & create I/O variables by masking the holding register bits ?

Can we edit these in excel & import into STRATON ?

Default Re: Import / Automatic creation of Variables in STRATON

you can export a straton project in XML, edit the XML file offline with an XML editor (or a small .NET program) and import the XML file again. If you need to edit the file manually, it may be not much faster as creating the IO configuration by hand.

straton however also supports an automation interface, which allows you to automatically create a straton project, e.g. through VBA in the zenon editor. I do not have an example, but the automation interface itself is explained in the straton workbench help.

Of course, writing the VBA script also takes time. Depending on your programming experience this may be quicker, especially if you need to do this several times.