Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zenon Monitor Administration Problem

Default Zenon Monitor Administration Problem

Hi Dear Experts,

I have a project with 2 screens, I am using monitor administration and there is no problem about screens. While changing screens in seperated monitors, I noticed that: on the bars (left and right side) there was a problem about screen active variables. For example on the left side first screen is active and on the right side second screen is active, but at both side zenon shows 2 screens are active.

Thank you.

Default Re: Zenon Monitor Administration Problem

Hello Dear Experts,

I need to explain my problem again, maybe the problem is not clear and understandable. I have 2 monitors in my project, my screen design like this;

There is a subnavigation frame on the top and navigation frame at the bottom. In the middle of screen I have main frame for screens.

For screens, I am using screen active variables and these variables are used for which screen is active. I am enabling and disabling screen names on the subnavigation.

My problem is, I have 2 seperated screens and  I can change screens on the left monitor and right monitor. If the screens are different from each one, 2 screen active variables are getting value and on the subnavigation Zenon shows 2 screens active.

For example on the left side "A1" screen is active, and on the right side "ALARM" screen is active. Zenon shows "A1" and "ALARM" texts together on the subnavigation.

It must be like this, left side subnavigation shows "A1" text, right side subnavigation show "ALARM" text.

For this issue, how can I do this configuration?

Thank you very much.

Dear Experts, is there any advice about this issue?

Hi!

The screen active variable doesn't keep track on monitor configuration. From the help: "The bit variable linked here is set to 1 if the screen is opened; it is reset to 0 if the screen is closed."
    You cant store more information in 1 bit.
    You would need specific setup with left and right screen active variables to accomplish what you describe and a left/right navigation displaying screen names.

/Fredrik

Dear Fredrick,

Thank you for your kindly interest, so how can I solve this issue? I could'nt find anything in datasheets, forum's.

Probably only using API, there is property MonitorId of IScreen (Add-In) / DynPicture (VBA). Your code could read this property and set values of additional internal variables. Or you can order the development by our Professional Services.