Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: DNP- Process Gateway

Default DNP- Process Gateway

Hello!

I made simulation using dnp process gateway.

I have noticed that the data that is being shown in the DNP client is only the whole number value

here is the scenario:

SERVER-A IS RUNNING WITH ZENON DNP PROCESS GATEWAY AND SHOWING THE VALUE FOR KILOWATT = 18.26

AND SERVER-B WITH ZENON AS A DNP CLIENT ( CONNECTED TO SERVER-A THRU TCP) IS SHOWING ONLY THE WHOLE VALUE KILOWATT=18.00 ONLY

what is the additional configuration on SERVER-B to get this decimal values or exact value from SERVER-A?

Thanks!

Default Re: DNP- Process Gateway

what object type are you using? As far as I could see in the DNPv3 standard, e.g. Analog Input (Data Object 30, any variation) does not support floating point values with decimals.

the data object type 100, short floating point, does support a true float value, however this data object type is currently not supported by either our driver or the DNP3 process gateway.

Im using analog type...

i have to get the decimal points not the whole number..my main concerned are the analog points with only decimal values. for example the power factor

in SERVER-A the value of power factor is .89

but in SERVER-B it shows 0 zero value.SERVER-B is not reading the decimal points..

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    the data object type 100, short floating point, does support a true float value, however this data object type is currently not supported by either our driver or the DNP3 process gateway.

it means we cant get the decimal values?

yes unfortunately this is exactly what it means. The zenon DNPv3 process gateway currently does not support the data object type 100. Also the zenon DNPv3 driver currently does not support it.

Please contact your sales representative if you need this functionality really badly or very urgently.

if it is not urgent, but you would like to see this in a future release of zenon, contact your support representatives for them to bring in your feature request. It will be processed and discussed by a team of experts, whether or not to implement this in a future version.