Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Various Problems about Sicam230 6.22 SP1 Editor

  1. #1
    ali Gast

    Default Various Problems about Sicam230 6.22 SP1 Editor

    Here are some problems I've encountered while using Sicam230 Editor in different times
    of working. Some of them are about user-friendliness and some of them are bugs.
    But all of them make the program annoying and hard to use most of the times.

    * while deleting archives consecutively, sicam crashes without an error.
    when trying to reopen, sometimes it opens without load screen,
    and sicam saves the last state of the archive servers.
    even same error occurs after inner variables were deleted.
    (the desired servers could be deleted when some time passed between deletions.
    maybe this is a protection for rapid deletion of archive servers).

    * when entering a filter criteria in the columns' textboxes,
    the text is centered always until clicked on it.
    then, it suddenly becomes left justified and misleads the user most of the time,
    we use filtering all over the 230; "what you see is what you get" is necessary.
    i think this is the most annoying bug, that is why i named it "fly".

    * when properties window unpinned, sometimes it opens inopportunely and
    remains open until mouse pointer moved to-from "Property" tab.
    ex: after a picture opened, hidden tab scrolls in front of working area

    * sometimes the last created backup doesn't appear in the list till refreshing.

    * choosing "xml incremental import" causes crash mostly

    * "move upwards" doesn't work in the scripts window in function ordering

    * when a picture which contains bitmap buttons is copied, the functions
    that connected to that buttons are expected to fully removed.
    the functions doesn't exist in the target project, but sicam connects
    some irrelevant functions to that buttons.

    * while configuring functions, the picture selection window opens left
    justified with respect to screen. this occurs when the taskbar is at the
    leftmost of the screen. the opened window shouldn't intersect with taskbar.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Various Problems about Sicam230 6.22 SP1 Editor

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    Here are some problems I've encountered while using Sicam230 Editor in different times
    of working. Some of them are about user-friendliness and some of them are bugs.
    But all of them make the program annoying and hard to use most of the times.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues working with Sicam230, 6.22 SP1. Although zenon 6.22 SP1 is very similar, there are some differences. We continuously strive to improve the user experience of our products and are happy about any feedback. You will find many smaller and bigger improvements in the latest version, 6.50 SP0. For any issues and inquiries, please also contact Siemens energy support by e-mail. Siemens Energy Support

    You may want to include a link to this forum, as I'm not sure if they monitor this forum frequently.

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * while deleting archives consecutively, sicam crashes without an error.
    when trying to reopen, sometimes it opens without load screen,
    and sicam saves the last state of the archive servers.
    even same error occurs after inner variables were deleted.
    (the desired servers could be deleted when some time passed between deletions.
    maybe this is a protection for rapid deletion of archive servers).
    a crash is a serious error which should not happen under normal circumstances. If this is reproducible, please send a project backup and a step by step description how this can be reproduced to Siemens Energy Support. It may have already been fixed in the latest version, 6.50 SP0, however if it still is reproducible here, we shall investigate the issue and resolve the matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * when entering a filter criteria in the columns' textboxes,
    the text is centered always until clicked on it.
    then, it suddenly becomes left justified and misleads the user most of the time,
    we use filtering all over the 230; "what you see is what you get" is necessary.
    i think this is the most annoying bug, that is why i named it "fly".
    Although I personally would not call this a bug, I can imagine that it can be confusing for the user, especially when using longer filter strings. Could you please state how this would work better for you? Should it align left, also when the text is not selected? Should it align centered, even when selecting the text?

    Did you know, that you don't have to type in the filter string, but can use drag&drop to mark a part of the text of a line in the detail view while holding the alt key on the keyboard, and than while still holding the alt key, drag and drop the selected part of the text in the filter box for this column?

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * when properties window unpinned, sometimes it opens inopportunely and
    remains open until mouse pointer moved to-from "Property" tab.
    ex: after a picture opened, hidden tab scrolls in front of working area
    with "unpinned", do you mean "auto-hide"? The editor supports two seperate window settings. One with auto-hide, one without auto-hide. A screenshot explaining what you mean could be helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * sometimes the last created backup doesn't appear in the list till refreshing.
    I tried reproducing this, but was unsuccessful. Could you please provide a step by step description, how you create your backup in the editor (where you click, when you sometimes do not see the backup, how you do the refresh, ...)

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * choosing "xml incremental import" causes crash mostly
    If this is reproducible, please again send an e-mail to Siemens Energy Support and the issue will be investigated. A crash should not occur under normal circumstances.


    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * "move upwards" doesn't work in the scripts window in function ordering
    This issue occurs in the context menu, and has been resolved in 6.50 SP0. It is also possible to re-arrange the function order, using drag&drop.

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * when a picture which contains bitmap buttons is copied, the functions
    that connected to that buttons are expected to fully removed.
    the functions doesn't exist in the target project, but sicam connects
    some irrelevant functions to that buttons.
    Do you copy a picture from one project to another project? Internally, the function ID and the project ID are stored at the button. When you copy the picture to another project, the button still points to this project and function. project spanning functions, (calling a function from another project) is supported and this behaviour is intended. When you XML import the picture, and a function with this name does not exist in the target project, no function is directly linked, however the button does still contain the function name from the project it was exported from. Using "replace links" in the context menu, you can replace the function names, using wildcards, for the local projects.

    If you want to remove all invalid function links, you could consider creating a small VBA macro which runs through all pictures, all elements, and checks wether the function linked at the button actually exists in the project.

    Please let me know if something was misunderstood here

    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    * while configuring functions, the picture selection window opens left
    justified with respect to screen. this occurs when the taskbar is at the
    leftmost of the screen. the opened window shouldn't intersect with taskbar.
    Several improvements with multi-monitor systems in the editor have been implemented in 6.50. I don't have a second monitor, maybe someone with more than one screen can look at this

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Size Problems
    By douglasm in forum zenon Operator
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd June 2009, 07:36
  2. Client - Server communication problems
    By dragosmoss in forum zenon Network
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th May 2009, 14:38
  3. Problems with Message Control
    By doppellhelix in forum zenon Network
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th June 2008, 09:26
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th August 2007, 17:04

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •