Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SNMP-Configuration

Default SNMP-Configuration

Dear all,

I email COPA-DATA support on SNMP configuration for RuggedCom switch to be monitored in Zenon.

It's all about importing variables from RuggedCOM switches using SNMP driver. I have configured SNMP agents but in Offline Miblist tab to browse agent, no variables are imported. I already defined SNMP settings in the switch.

I got a reply from support and tried but still i am not lucky. I also tried with MIB browser but didn't work. Please help me out further on PC security issue on SNMP, other Zenon SNMP driver configuration & switch configuration.

Thanks,
    Rolindo

Default Re: SNMP-Configuration

SNMP really is pretty straight forward. You could try and use "wireshark" to view which request is going to the switch, and if there is any response, when you press the "browse" button in the driver configuration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot650200.png
Views:	82
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	300

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot650201.png
Views:	35
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	301

I don't have any direct experience with the RuggedCom switches. Maybe there is a newer firmware available for the switch, that you can install. You may also want to try resetting the switch to factory default settings.

Maybe if you post your exact model, or even a user manual for this switch, it is possible to find some more information on the internet.

Have you tried contacting Switch manufacturer support?

Hi Mark,

I have made one try today and made it work. This time by choosing security model snmpV2 instead of snmpV3 on RuggedCom RSG2100 & RSG2200. The problem is on RuggedCom switch but Zenon should also be able to read on V3. Can you help me findout why?

Thanks mark,
    rolindo

Hi Rolindo,

Good to hear that it is working now.

Where did you find that the zenon SNMP driver also supports SNMPv3? As far as I know, SNMPv3 is not supported.

Daumen hoch Re: SNMP-Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi Rolindo,

Good to hear that it is working now.

Where did you find that the zenon SNMP driver also supports SNMPv3? As far as I know, SNMPv3 is not supported.
    Actually it hasn't been mentioned in the driver manual (and in the license receipt of Zenon) that there is no support for V3. Having no clue made it a lot difficult to figure out that there is a compatibility issue of Zenon with the SNMP versions.

Cheers
    Salman