Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: IEC 870-103 driver & command processing

Default IEC 870-103 driver & command processing

Hi,

I'm trying to set up communications with Siemens relays via 870-103 but am having come issues with commands. If I use 'write set value' I can issue both off (1) and on (2) commands which work correctly

Info per the help file:

"To send General command to the PLC (ASDU <20> in control direction), you have to configure a variable of the driver object type COMMAND with the corresponding Function Type and Information Number. A set value sent to this variable (DCO: 1-off, 2-on) will be sent to the PLC as a General Command. If a command could not be sent successfully, the PN Bit of the variable will be set to 1."

I'm trying to get command processing working, however it only seems to allow you to send a 0 or 1 so only my 'true' button works. Help file does not state any 'qualifier of command' settings that may be required in the CP module.

Ideally I also want to get incoming command via process gateway (from DNP3) to work downstream to the relay via Zenon, but assume if it works in command processing then the 'auto/remote' type will also map through correctly.

Thanks,

Dave

2. #
    Best Answer

Default Re: IEC 870-103 driver & command processing

VBA macros linked by Variable - 'Value calculation' - 'Value adjustment non-linear' are not changing the value in the hardware.
    These macros are only to do a "virtual" mapping between value in the Hardware and the display of variable in zenon or use in other zenon modules. It cannot cause a "circular reference".

Macro examples:

Public Function AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping(obVar As Variable, vValue As Variant) As Double
    'DO NOT access obVar input!
    ' neither other variables or other objects in the project data model

If vValue = 0 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 2 'intermediate
    ElseIf vValue = 1 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 0 'OFF
    ElseIf vValue = 2 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 1 'ON
    Else
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 3 'error
    End If

End Function

Public Function AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping(obVar As Variable, vValue As Variant) As Double

If vValue = 0 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 1 'OFF
    ElseIf vValue = 1 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 2 'ON
    ElseIf vValue = 2 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 0 'intermediate (note: not allowed in command direction)
    Else
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 3 'error (note: not allowed in command direction)
    End If

End Function

disclaimer: I have typed these macros just right now in the post - without testing.
    Last edited by ursulak : 4th March 2020 at 13:20 Reason: disclaimer

As I understand your relay expects in commands the value 1 for OFF and the value 2 for ON.
    In Command Processing module the action 'switching command' works with values 0 for OFF and 1 for ON.

Use another action type or make double-point mapping for those variables using non-linear value adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post

Use another action type or make double-point mapping for those variables using non-linear value adjustment.
    Ursula,

Thanks for this.. I have been able to make command processing work using the set value command type (I tried before but I was missing that I had to set switching direction to DIR).

Next issue is with the 'Auto/remote' command so I can take a DNP3 command (trip/close) from process gateway and pass it to the set value in command processing... It is not possible to change the action type for these.

If I pass the auto/remote control to a temporary variable I could use linear adjustment to add 1, then map the variable using Allocations to the actual control variable. Is this how you suggest?

I dont want to do linear adjustment to the actual control varaible itself as I can forsee a bit of a 'circular reference'... i.e. if I tell it to increase value by 1 when it changes then it will increase, then the value has changed again so add another 1...

Thanks,

Dave

Best Answer

VBA macros linked by Variable - 'Value calculation' - 'Value adjustment non-linear' are not changing the value in the hardware.
    These macros are only to do a "virtual" mapping between value in the Hardware and the display of variable in zenon or use in other zenon modules. It cannot cause a "circular reference".

Macro examples:

Public Function AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping(obVar As Variable, vValue As Variant) As Double

If vValue = 0 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 2 'intermediate
    ElseIf vValue = 1 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 0 'OFF
    ElseIf vValue = 2 Then
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 1 'ON
    Else
    AdjustHardwareValue_DPImapping = 3 'error
    End If

End Function

Public Function AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping(obVar As Variable, vValue As Variant) As Double

If vValue = 0 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 1 'OFF
    ElseIf vValue = 1 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 2 'ON
    ElseIf vValue = 2 Then
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 0 'intermediate (note: not allowed in command direction)
    Else
    AdjustZenOnValue_DPCmapping = 3 'error (note: not allowed in command direction)
    End If

End Function

disclaimer: I have typed these macros just right now in the post - without testing.
    Last edited by ursulak : 4th March 2020 at 13:20 Reason: disclaimer

Ursula,

I have got working (after a fashion) now...

I used the AdjustZenOnValue VBA for process gateway control combined with a 'set value' for the local (from HMI) command processing. (still didnt work using 'switching command' 0/1 even with the macro in place). The 'set values' that I used were 0/1 (so macro adjusts to 1/2).

Only thing is the CEL displays different output depending if its a local or process gateway control. Effect is the same WRT the downstream 870-103 device though.

So if I want to send an 'On'... Command processing uses 'Set Value: 2' and IED goes On (2). If I use process gateway the CEL shows 'Modify Spontaneous value: (1)' and IED goes On (2). I just disabled the logging from external VBA to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the steer in the right direction!

Dave
    Last edited by HMIdeveloper123 : 10th February 2020 at 13:37