Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: REMA and IEC870 timestamp question.

Frage REMA and IEC870 timestamp question.

I have two questions.
    I´m running Zenon Energy Edition with IEC870 Driver.

Is it possible to "block" external timestamps for signals with "to big" time difference, compared to the zenon PC, If time is outside the limits, take local PC time instead?
    I have on a few occasions, when restarting IED-devices connected to my RTU, received signals with totally wrong time, future date.
    As a result the events triggered by the, signal always gets at the top of the event list, because the list is sorted by latest at the top.
    Now I have a some events dated 2070-01-01, I would like to know if it is possible to remove the specific lines only, from the buffer, or do I have to remove the CEL file and start over.

I have imported most of my Variables from CSV file, and I have noticed that assigned REMA:s doesn’t work, (the Rema doesn’t execute) for some of my signals.
    If I look in Zenon Editor, on the variables not working, the name of the REMA is in place and looks OK. Now to the strange thing, If I click on the button to assign a rema, browse for it, select it, and press OK. After compile it works.
    I have tried to select all my variables using the same remas, and manually browse and select, but only one of the variables get fixed. 

/Regards Tobias

Default Re: REMA and IEC870 timestamp question.

If a device is communicating via protocol designed for real time data and events, but the device is not time synchronized, then - data is corrupted; no way around. Synchronize or fix the device, or choose another protocol (if supported in the device), e.g. MODBUS.

In zenon, only data archived in Historian can be manually corrected. Manually manipulated values become then the status bit MAN_VAL.
    The entries in CEL are recorded basing strictly on data delivered by the device; and the user manipulations on these records are not possible.

In zenon 8.10 you can configure the variables: setting 'value calculation' - 'timestamp deviation' - to set the (new) status bit T_DEV when the timestamp deviation is e.g. bigger as 1s. Then in (multi) rema you can evaluate this status bit and if set - no CEL entry. In 8.10 the CEL can display as well external as internal time columns and the column with the time difference between the external time (timestamp in the device) are internal time (timestamp from local PC clock by value reception).

For the future, if it is not possible to fix this device issue nor to change to another communication protocol, then you can create in zenon Logic the same set of variables, but in stratonNG driver. Instead IEC870 driver in zenon, you can communicate affected device in zenon Logic via IEC60870 Master fieldbus driver. In Logic variables linked to IEC60870 Master driver will have the timestamp like received from device (possible to evaluate using function VSIGetTime). But in zenon you can configure responsible stratonNG driver to 'Ignore PLC time stamps'. Then in zenon these variables will have the local time of your PC.

The second question I propose you to post in 'Supervisor', is not an EE topic. But better - send the project backup with the description of the problem to your local COPA-DATA support. 

Thank you for the explanation Ursula.
    I made a quick test but did not manage to get the T_DEV status bit, maybe my zenon is outdated, I have Version 8.10 SP0 Build57250 64Bit
    I set the time +11s in the future, triggered some changes on two different variables, on with deviation configure to 10, and the other 0 (default)
    Then I did the same but -11 days in the past, not sure what the value 10 mean in deviation setting of the variable, seconds or milliseconds?
    The Status I got was the same independent of timeshifts backward or forward, I want to set T_DEV if timestamp is more then 12 hours ahead of time, at least then I dont have to wait for years before the row in CEL dissapears. 

The Rema problem Is solved, temporarly, by exporting the Rema to xml, delete rema in the project, then compile, after that all the variables got ”rema was deleted” in the rema field.

Then I imported the rema again from xml, selected all may variables and browsed for the rema and compiled, after that it to works in runtime.

/Regards Tobias
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T_DEV.PNG  

The variable setting 'time deviation' is in seconds and it is an absolut value. Thus, e.g. setting value 1.300 means that if external time differs - in past or future - from internal time by more as 1s 300ms then the variable value will get T_DEV bit.

In my project with IEC850 works. I have no time to try now out with IEC870, but i'm not expecting surprises. In the KB i do not see any registered issue. Anyway, I would recommend to update zenon to some newer build, you are using the first released one. If the zenon build update does not help then I propose to contact your local COPA-DATA support and send the project backup or ask for a sample project (the time difference for a variable can be simulated using zenon Logic).