Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IEC 61850 driver problem reading XCBR/Pos/stVal

Default IEC 61850 driver problem reading XCBR/Pos/stVal

Hello everyone!
    I have a problem with IEC 61850 driver. I've imported variables from an IED and enabled reports, everything works as it should with one exception. The driver reads different values of XCBR/Pos/stVal node than other software, for example IED Explorer. Below is a short table of what values are read by ZEE and IED Explorer.

The variable of interest was imported from IED with default settings which are shown in a screen below.

Changing reading method of the variable from report to polling didn't change anything. My question is if it's possible that IEC 61850 driver reads the variable value incorrectly? The device I'm connected to was developed and produced by my company, we didn't have any problems with it in other applications.
    I'm using ZEE version 8.00 64 bit. Let me know if you need any further description/details to help me solve the issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zee_IED_read.JPG   Variable_config.JPG  

Default Re: IEC 61850 driver problem reading XCBR/Pos/stVal

Dear Lukbla,

This is because of our our documented DPI mapping:
    Drivers > IEC850 > IEC850 client functions > Mapping of double point values

In order to use Command Processing with energy and non-energy drivers (e.g. Modbus) this mapping is required.
    It is also more convenient for most operators to read value "0" for "open" or "off" and "1" for "closed" or "on".

However, this mapping can also be turned off in the driver configuration dialog:
    Drivers > IEC850 > Configuration > Settings in the driver dialog > Driver dialog basic settings

Best regards,
    Leo

The iec850 driver supports for stVal attributes of the bType Dbpos (IEC 61850-6) the feature 'Double Point Value Mapping' ('DPS/DPC mapping'). Correctly encoded by the driver the switch position OFF is in zenon value 0 and position ON is in zenon value 1. The 'IED Explorer' shows the value like it is in the device: OFF is 1 and ON is 2. Without those feature, the values 1/2 - humans accustomed to power buttons 0/1 - could be misleading, especially under stress. 

More in Help: IEC850 > IEC850 client functions > Mapping of double point values.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukbla View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I have a problem with IEC 61850 driver. I've imported variables from an IED and enabled reports, everything works as it should with one exception. The driver reads different values of XCBR/Pos/stVal node than other software, for example IED Explorer. Below is a short table of what values are read by ZEE and IED Explorer.

The variable of interest was imported from IED with default settings which are shown in a screen below.

Changing reading method of the variable from report to polling didn't change anything. My question is if it's possible that IEC 61850 driver reads the variable value incorrectly? The device I'm connected to was developed and produced by my company, we didn't have any problems with it in other applications.
    I'm using ZEE version 8.00 64 bit. Let me know if you need any further description/details to help me solve the issue.

Hello Lukbla. 

What you described is example of value mapping developed within the driver IEC850. 
    You can find much more information about it in zenon Help > Drivers > IEC850 > IEC850 client functions > Mapping of double point values > DPI mapping in IEC850 client driver. 

If you want to turn it off, just go to the driver options > Basic settings tab > [v] Deactivate standard double point value mapping.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best Regards,
    Piotr Gretkierewicz.

Thank you everyone for answering so quickly, it solved the issue.

Best regards,
    Łukasz

I do NOT recommend to deactivate the double point mapping.
    This is important feature for human safety during equipment operations. And because it is so important - zenon modules in Energy Edition are basing on it, e.g. Automatic Lime Coloring (Topology) and the switching actions in Command Processing.

To deactivate the mapping would be similar like the try to convince people to preferer system displaying "1e-3" instead "0.001".