Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Beckhoff driver communication problems. Zenon Runtime directly on PLC

Default Beckhoff driver communication problems. Zenon Runtime directly on PLC

Hi All,

I am trying to get Zenon Running directly on a Beckhoff CX2020 with Windows Embedded Standard and a CP7902 Display connected to it.
    The Zenon Runtime 6.51 is operating, the TwinCAT Runtime v2.11.2249 is operating, but these two won't communicate.

I'm using the Beckhoff NG Driver, assigned the TPY file to it, put the TcAdsDll.dll into the Zenon folder and configured the driver.
    The documentations are usually all about how to connect a remote device with Zenon Runtime to the PLC, but not how to configure a Zenon Runtime in the PLC itself.

Once the PLC is running and i start the runtime, the Diagnostic view tells me the Driver could not find the symbols.

I've read some things about the AMS routes. But I'm not really sure how to configure these, as everything is in the PLC itself.

Does anybody know how to configure this setup?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Default Re: Beckhoff driver communication problems. Zenon Runtime directly on PLC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum!

In TwinCAT please make sure you've enabled the option "Download Symbol description" in the TwinCAT options

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Beckhoff driver communication problems. Zenon Runtime directly on PLC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reaction.

My Symbol configurations in the TwinCAT PLC Control under Project>Options doesn't have this option. the two available options are: "Dump symbol entries" and "Dump XML Symbol Table" which are both checked.

I still think it has something to do with the AMS Routing or driver configuration.
    As Zenon is also running on the same device as the TwinCAT Program, I configured the Beckhoff Driver as follow:

Driver: Beckhoff NG Driver
    [IMPORT]
    Other_Target_Station=0
    TPY_PATH={full path+name of tpy file}
    TARGET_STATION_NAME=0: NetID[5.30.178.138.1.1], Port[801]
    [LAUFZEITSYSTEME]
    LZS1=801\5.30.178.138.1.1

The NetID and port inserted in this configuration corresponds to the NetID and port of the TwinCAT Runtime.

I didn't configure any AMS routing, because all the programs are integrated in the local system, so there are no different ip-adresses.

Can you please confirm or review these configurations, as i'm not sure this is correct.

Best regards,
    Mark

I Just solved the Problem.

The configurations were all fine but when i imported variables in Zenon, i removed their prefix "S0_.", as i was also using Zenon Logic, and this prefix would be really annoying when typing code with the variables.

Apparently these prefixes should not be removed...
    I put the prefixes back and all of a sudden everything works.

Best regards
    Mark