Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Time based recording

Default Time based recording

Hi all i have created one archive and the start and stop type is based on  User Defined via Script  and recording type is based on *Event triggering* 

For Event triggering  purpose i have created a zenon logic using blink and the time defined in blink function block is given in run time. the  problem is if i set to one minute and for example if the recording starts at 10:52:13 then next record should occur at 10:53:13 but in my case the seconds mismatch is happening.

I am also attaching a screenshot of the logic and archive recording setting.

If there is any better way other than this please suggest me.

Regards Nivish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t1.JPG   t2.JPG  

Default Re: Time based recording

According Help the trigger variable causes the record by value change from 0 to 1 (rising edge). While the BLINK function produces output 0->1 in the middle of the period.

I would propose you to use function PLS instead BLINK (PLS output is 1 for one Logic cycle a the the end of period). Setup the Logic cycle to 100ms and make sure the variable Blink_Out is stratonNG (not a zenon internal variable 'external visible').

And check using Task Manager and Resource Monitor if your PC is in healthy load on each CPU core (<80%). Maybe the trigger happens while system is too busy and this delays the recording.

Thanks for the reply sir i will try out the suggested solution and get back to you. Blink_out variable is not a stratong variable and the cpu configuration is windows I7 ,8 gb of ram and 1TB memory, only zenon software is used in this pc. 

Will I be able to change the time for function PLS? Since the client wants print interval to be time settable through Zenon.

you can use in Logic for the input of PLS (or other timers) a variable of data type DINT, where value are milliseconds; a zenon variable of intern driver extern visible or stratonNG variable. In Logic you can use function any_to_time() to convert the datatype DINT to TIME datatype, then it will be value suitable as input in timer functions.