Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Historian and Analyzer

Default Historian and Analyzer

Hi Support,

Its possible this configuration?:
    Two computers, 01 with ZEE server (ZSQLSRV_EXSQL module included) and the other one with Analyzer (wich include MSSQL by default). My idea is use the second computer as an advanced SCADA report tool but also as historian server (to save all past data from the variables in runtime) Itīs possible?. I think I donīt need to buy other SQL license?

If it is possible? i can do the same in redundant configurarion? I mean 02 computers with ZEE server and 02 with Analyzer (Advance Reports + Historian server)

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
    Jose

Default Re: Historian and Analyzer

Hello,
    Regarding your Questions: 

Its possible this configuration?:
    Two computers, 01 with ZEE server (ZSQLSRV_EXSQL module included) and the other one with Analyzer (wich include MSSQL by default). My idea is use the second computer as an advanced SCADA report tool but also as historian server (to save all past data from the variables in runtime) Itīs possible?. I think I donīt need to buy other SQL license?

If it is possible? i can do the same in redundant configurarion? I mean 02 computers with ZEE server and 02 with Analyzer (Advance Reports + Historian server)

Thanks in advance for your support.

Answer: yes, it should be possible. 

Hi Verena,
    Thanks for the answer.
    So, for the first escenario: 01 with ZEE server (ZSQLSRV_EXSQL module included) and the other one with Analyzer (wich include MSSQL by default). The second computer can act as historian server (save historical data) and also as advanced reporting tool (Analyzer), without need to buy another license (eg. MSSQL). Please confirm.

Same question for the redundant configuration. How works Historian and Analyzer in redundant configuration?

Thanks. 
    Jose

Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    So, for the first escenario: 01 with ZEE server (ZSQLSRV_EXSQL module included) and the other one with Analyzer (wich include MSSQL by default). The second computer can act as historian server (save historical data) and also as advanced reporting tool (Analyzer), without need to buy another license (eg. MSSQL). - Yes, that is true, but you have to license the "ZSQLSRV" (on the zenon Editor side)

Same question for the redundant configuration. How works Historian and Analyzer in redundant configuration?- The SQL Server can not be redundant. The Analyzer is not redundant, but the Anaylzer supports redundant Systems!

best regards,
    Verena

Hi Verena,

When you said Anaylzer supports redundant Systems, it means Analyzer can "read" data from main and standby ZEE servers with ZSQLSRV?

Analyzer is not redundant, but if i want two Analyzer, i can put two Analyzer (two licenses) and send data from main and standby ZEE servers to both Analyzer (in paralell at the same time) with the ZSQLSRV module. Its possible?.

Regards,
    Jose

Hi Jose,

yes, the zenon Analyzer can read data from main and standby server through the runtime connector.
    And it can also read data that has been evacuated to a SQL DB through the SQL connector.
    The SQL connector actually does not support connecting to a standby DB is the main DB is not available. For this scenario you would need to go for a database cluster with a single entry point.

And yes, you can run two zenon Analyzer Servers in parallel as they are independend from each other.
    And yes, you can also configure zenon runtime to to record data twice and send it to different DBs.
    The data evacuation can be configured for each zenon archive seperately.

But running two zenon Analyzer Servers in parallel seems to be an overkill. I don't really see a benefit for that.
    Can you please descirbe the use case or customer requirements in detail?

Regards,
    Felix