Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: XAML property

Default XAML property

Hi guys,

I created own XAML control image (see attached file Screenshot#1). Now I would like to change its frame color via some variable. The problem is that I don`t see any such properties in WPF links configuration (see attached file Screenshot#2). How to fix this problem? Did I miss something in XAML or should I add some C# code behind? Please help me to solve this problem. 

Best regards,

Primoz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot#2.PNG   Screenshot#1.PNG  

Default Re: XAML property

Dear Primoz,

what are you trying to achieve?
    Why don't you use a simple zenon symbol for that?

Regards,
    Felix

Hi Felix,

Thanks for a quick reply. My symbol library is quite limited. I haven`t found anything with the similar look to icons. I would like to design a unique, nice looking GUI for our customer. The idea is that in case of alarms or night vision look the color of the symbols is changed, nothing else.

Br,

Primoz

Hello Primoz,

you can create your own symbols within zenon and add them to your library. One approach is to simply draw your bell by the use of zenon elements (line, circle, ...), then select all of them and rightclick. In that context menu you are then able to create a symbol and afterwards (again by rightclicking and context menu) add this symbol to your library.

You can also contact your sales representative to check for a zenon training. There also online courses for free for our partners.

Regards,
    Felix

Hi Felix,

Yes, I know it`s possible in this way, but I wanted to find a faster solution, i.e. download icon graphics in eps format, convert it into xaml via Microsoft Expression Design and export it into Zenon. Designing all the graphics in Zenon supposed to be a rather time-consuming task don`t you think so?

Regards,

Primoz

Hi Primoz,

in my eyes it depends on what functionality you want to use in your graphics.
    zenon mostly offers more than one way to reach a goal and what way is the best depends on the specific needs of a project and also the preferences of the project engineer.
    If you also consider project maintainability or scalability investing more time in the engineering might pay of during the lifetime of your solution.

Creating dynamic WPF controls will need you to include code behind, work with dependency properties etc. which is described in detail in our manual in the section WPF-Element.

If you just want to include vector graphics, I suggest to take a look on the native SVG-Element.

Still, depending on amount and complexity of your symbols, creating them natively could still be an option here.

Best regards,
    Felix

Hi Felix,

Yes, the purpose is to add some custom designed vector graphics. Native SVG-Elements? I guess that you mean available graphics in Zenon workspace (e.g. circle, rectangle, line etc)?

Regards,

Primoz

Hi Primoz,

from zenon Version 8.10 on there is a native SVG-Element. Just like the WPF-Element or other screen elements.

Regards,
    Felix

Quote Originally Posted by felixst View Post
    Hi Primoz, google street view

from zenon Version 8.10 on there is a native SVG-Element. Just like the WPF-Element or other screen elements.

Regards,
    Felix
    Thanks for the thorough explanations, I appreciate it.