Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Excel report

Default Excel report

Hi,

I have used Report viewer to get the OEE data with down time reasons with three tables and report is generating as per the requirement and only issue is while exporting this report to excel most of the columns in excel is getting merged. This is very difficult to do further data analysis, one of the sql programmer is suggesting to use sql reporting services to generate the report so that these kind of issues can be avoided. I am interested to know the possibilities of using the same.

Regards
    Sandy

Default Re: Excel report

Hi Sandy,

did you take a look on zenon Analyzer, our advanced reporting suite?

If you want to program your own solution you can simply store the historical process data in a SQL-database and create you SSRS reports based on that data...

Regards,
    Felix

Hello Felix,

I was interested for Zenon analyzer but I recieved an offer for Zenon analyzer from Copadata Integrators from India and the price was very expensive so I dropped that plan. I have used the Evacuation method to SQL and Installed the reporting services but the problem is reporting services saying the database is not supported. Also Zenon archieve viewer is not able to do the time filtering. I would like to discuss with you regarding this via phone 

Regards
    Sandy

Dear Sandy,

can you post the detailed error message from SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)?
    Actually zenon writes data in a normal SQL table and SSRS is designed to create reports based on normal SQL tables. I have never heard of troubles with that connection and know various customers where that has been done.

Please note that the zenon Analyzer will save you from a lot of "pain" and manual engineering compared to set up SSRS and the proper connections, reports, etc. and therefore it's price might be worth it at the end of the day.

By doing detailed phone calls/remote sessions about how to set up SSRS to avoid using our product zenon Analyzer we would be leaving the focus of our product support.
    If needed we can talk about that in the context of our (paid) professional services. Please contact your sales representative for details, if you want to go in that direction.

Regards,
    Felix

Hi,

Attached the screenshot of the error from SSRS while connecting to the sql server database

Regards
    Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SSRS Error.JPG  

Dear Sandy,

first of all the screenshot shows that you are using a zenon database instance.
    From a system architecture point of view it is bad practice to store process and reporting data in the database instance where your zenon project engineering data is stored.
    I strongly recommend to use an own database instance for process data and reporting.

Furthermore it shows that you seem to use an existing non reporting database for storing reporting data.
    I guess you should create a new reporting database for that.
    But supporting SSRS is not the scope of COPA-DATA and I therefore ask you to consult Microsoft resources for this topic. I.e. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/install-windows/ssrs-report-server-create-a-report-server-database?view=sql-server-2017

Or you still can decide to go for zenon Analyzer who will not bother you with that kind of configuration steps

Regards,
    Felix

Hello Mr.Felix,

Thanks for briefing the details, I will check with sql forum for further assistance. I also would like to know about the demo version of Zenon Analyzer so that I can try the same in my laptop, the reason why I did not go for Zenon analyzer that one of my friend who is working with zenon project informed me that its little complicated . But since you are saying zenon analyzer is more flexible I will give a try.

Regards
    Sandy

Dear Sandy,

please contact your sales representative for details about how to obtain a demo version.
    You can also do an online training course for zenon Analyzer which we offer for free to all our partners. Please also discuss that with our sales team, if needed.

Regards,
    Felix