Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Polygon as Button or polygon shaped button.

Default Polygon as Button or polygon shaped button.

Does anyone have an idea on how to execute a function when clicking on a polygon, or how to create a polygon shaped button?

We do a lot of screen switching from floor plans and now I just put transparant buttons on top of the polygons that represent a room. It would be much easier if we could execute a function from clicking a polygon.

Kind regards,

Jacob. 

Default Re: Polygon as Button or polygon shaped button.

Hi bortdegraaf,

One way could be creating a symbol out of your polygon + invisible button.

Just go to a screen where you already have these elements designed on the way that you want to use them --> select both of them --> right click --> Symbol --> Create element group

Now you have an element made of the polygon and the button

Then, select it again --> right click --> Symbol --> Insert into symbol library…

Now, if you go to they Symbol library where you saved your symbol, it will be there and you can add it as many times as you want

If you want the linked function to be different on each symbol, then it is better that you go to the just created symbol on the library, edit it, select the button and release the Function property (right click on the property-->release). This way, when you insert the symbol on a screen, you will be able to change this function.

More information on the help: Screens --> Symbols and element groups

Best regards,
    Steffi

Hi!

Another thing to try is a Combined element. Then the Polygon will define the clickable area.
    Check the help file:
    Manual > Screens > Screen elements > Combined element > Clickable buttons in any desired form

Best regards

Fredrik

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. The first way suggested by Steffi is like how I handle this issue now. I create a floorplan from a bunch of polygons and put transparant buttons that link to different screen on top.

What I'm indeed looking for is "clickable buttons in any desired form" I've gone briefly into combined elements before (the toolbar button for a combined element even looks like a polygon ), but I haven't succeeded yet. I'll give it another try.

Thanks again!

Jacob.