Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sending SMS

Default Sending SMS

Hi' I Tried to sen a SMS from zenon 7.6 in one of my projects with sierra wireless fxt009 edge modem and i get an error, in my office it worked.
    i attach a log file.
    thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SIERRA.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Sending SMS

here is a snapshot of the diagviewer  
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMS.JPG  

Hello eden212,

thank you very much for your post.

the description of the two errors messages included in the Diagviewer log can be found in the zenon documentation topics:

Manual > Message Control > Messages and error handling > LOG entries > SMS:
    @The modem returned an error to
    the transmission of the PDU: [error message]

The modem responded with an error message to the
    transmission of a SMS-PDU. The error message is attached to the LOG message. An
    AT error code may be contained in the error message.

Manual > Message Control > Messages and error handling > LOG entries > LOG entries - OpenSSL library:
    @APOP Authentication is
    required but the Server did not send APOP Data:

For authentication at the incoming mail server the APOP
    command is required, however, the incoming mail server has not sent the required
    data.

Without further data/information to investigate and as you mentioned that the modem could send successfully SMS in your office, I suspect that you are now trying to send SMSs from other computer/runtime.

If that is the case, make sure that the same Message Control settings (defined in the office PC) are also included in the target PC. The technical background is that general Message Control settings relate to computer and not specifically to projects and those are saved in the zenon6.ini file.

The zenon6.ini file can be found in the folder %CD_SYSTEM%. The Message Control settings can be found in the area [MESSAGE CONTROL]. > Make sure the related underneath fields are identical in both computers (office + other). If they are different copy and past the content of [MESSAGE CONTROL] parameters (make sure to backup first the zenon6.ini files)

Documentation references:

Manual > Message Control > Configure Message Control > General settings for sending
    Manual > Message Control > Configure Message Control > General settings for sending > zenon6.ini entries

If possible, also check modem logs to collect further information on the issue reported.

Please let us know if you need further help. In case, this does not help I would strongly recommend you to contact your local support team.

All the best and good luck,
    David Cerdeira

Hi, I am just testing Diafaan and cant seem to get my modem to send SMS's. I was just wondering if it is supported? I have located some instructions for the modem at https://source.sierrawireless.com/resources/airlink/forum_topics_and_questions/how-to-send-sms-messages-with-an-airlink-device-using-at-commands/ but I am struggling to make it work with the settings provided...