Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Extended trend and historian

Default Extended trend and historian

This may be a stupid question.
    Is it possible to see the live data on trend screen if i configure the data as trend in archive mode?
    Or should we create two separate screens for historical trend and live trend?

Regards
    Vivek

Default Re: Extended trend and historian

Hi Vivek!

If I understood your question right, you do not need to create two screens, but two screen switch functions, and link each one of them to a different button, but to the same ETM screen.

You tell the ETM what to display at the function:

Select "Online data" for one of the functions, so you will see the live data, and "Archive data" for the other one.

When you select "Online data", select the desired variable to be displayed on "Curves", like you do when you select "Archive data"

Best regards,
    Steffi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ETM.png  

Quote Originally Posted by estefania.ga View Post
    Hi Vivek!

If I understood your question right, you do not need to create two screens, but two screen switch functions, and link each one of them to a different button, but to the same ETM screen.

You tell the ETM what to display at the function:

Select "Online data" for one of the functions, so you will see the live data, and "Archive data" for the other one.

When you select "Online data", select the desired variable to be displayed on "Curves", like you do when you select "Archive data"

Best regards,
    Steffi
    Hello Steffi,

This works fine. But if we keep the same refresh rate for archive and live trend, will both work as same.
    Can I see the live data update in archive mode?

Regards
    Vivek 

Hello Vivek,

I am not sure what you are trying to get here.

The archive, by definition, are historical saved data, not live data.

When you define an archive, you say the "Cycle-time" use to save the data. Meaning: if a variable changes its value every second, but you said on the Archive to save the values of this variable every 5 minutes, you will only have the values every 5 minutes on the archive.

The "Cycle-time" for the archive and the refresh rate of the ETM are two different things. You only save values on the Archive every "Cycle-time", it does not matter how low is your refresh rate, because there will be no new values saved to the Archive until "Cycle-time" is gone.

You should be careful when you choose your "Cycle-time", because you can make the system slower and will run out of storage space really fast. You have more information about the Archive concepts on the help:

To see live data, i recommend to use the online option on the ETM, the archive are not intended to see live data.

Best regards,
    Steffi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ArchiveTiming.png   HystorianHelp.png  

Quote Originally Posted by estefania.ga View Post
    Hello Vivek,

I am not sure what you are trying to get here.

The archive, by definition, are historical saved data, not live data.

When you define an archive, you say the "Cycle-time" use to save the data. Meaning: if a variable changes its value every second, but you said on the Archive to save the values of this variable every 5 minutes, you will only have the values every 5 minutes on the archive.

The "Cycle-time" for the archive and the refresh rate of the ETM are two different things. You only save values on the Archive every "Cycle-time", it does not matter how low is your refresh rate, because there will be no new values saved to the Archive until "Cycle-time" is gone.

You should be careful when you choose your "Cycle-time", because you can make the system slower and will run out of storage space really fast. You have more information about the Archive concepts on the help:

To see live data, i recommend to use the online option on the ETM, the archive are not intended to see live data.

Best regards,
    Steffi

Hello Steffi,

Thanks for the reply. I want to see the live data of some transmitters on the trend screen. At the same time if I scroll the trend, it should show the historical data at least for an year.
    Is that possible in extended trend without historian? Hope you understood my requirement.

Regards
    Vivek