Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Login notification

Default Login notification

Hello,

I have created two users, engineer and operator for login..
    How do i know that if any of this operator has logged in?
    Is that information is stored anywhere so that i can provide visual indication for that?

Default Re: Login notification

Hello,

yes, there are system driver variables for that.
    Just create a new variable, select the system driver and in the following dialog you will be able to select the ones related to the user administration.
    There you will find a variable that will contain the name of the actually logged in user.

Regards,
    Felix

Frage Re: Login notification

Quote Originally Posted by felixst View Post
    Hello,

yes, there are system driver variables for that.
    Just create a new variable, select the system driver and in the following dialog you will be able to select the ones related to the user administration.
    There you will find a variable that will contain the name of the actually logged in user.

Regards,
    Felix

Dear Felixst,

I have tried this. But when no user has logged in, it is showing '0000'. When no user has logged in, I want to show message 'User not logged', login button enabled and log off button disabled. When someone is logged in, it should show the user name, with login button disabled and log-off button enabled.
    Is there anyway to do this?
    may be through VB script. But I am not good at this. Please help.

Default Re: Login notification

Hello,

it seems that you have created the variable that shows the user levels of the actually logged in user. Please try again and select the STRING variable that contains the user name.

Best regards,
    Felix

Default AW: Re: Login notification

Quote Originally Posted by VIVEK_PV View Post

But when no user has logged in, it is showing '0000'. When no user has logged in, I want to show message 'User not logged', login button enabled and log off button disabled. When someone is logged in, it should show the user name, with login button disabled and log-off button enabled.
    Is there anyway to do this?
    may be through VB script. But I am not good at this. Please help.

'0000' is a constant that is used as the user name when no user is logged in. You can achieve the described behavior easily without programming: With a reaction matrix and interlockings. See attached project backup. (password for user 'test' = 123456)

1. Create reaction matrix with limit text 'User not logged' if user name = 0000 and sets a boolean value (isLoggedIn). Put it onto the system variable
    2. Create 2 interlockings. One for is logged in, one for is logged off (boolean value = 0/1). Put those on the log in and log off buttons
    3. Under the project properties in "Graphical design", set "Interlocked buttons" to "gray" to ensure a visual indication that the button cannot be clicked.

Also works with standard login screen

Attached Files Attached Files