Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Alarm Cause Text

Default Alarm Cause Text

Hi,

I just want to know if its possible to define the alarm cause text and description from the zenon workspace editor or is it only possible to create via context list screen in runtime. I have 5 nodes with 30 fault reasons in each node. 

Regards
    Sandeep

Default Re: Alarm Cause Text

In zenon Editor - no, in (any) XML editor of your choice - yes. This screen type has control elements to export/import the list of causes as XML file.

Default AW: Alarm Cause Text

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Yes I found the option to export/import xml file. Also I would like to know if there is any option to show alarm active. 
    my point is to disable any further alarms from machines until the first alarm is cleared/acknowledge

Regards
    Sandeep

Default Re: Alarm Cause Text

Take look on 'Alarm Groups' and on 'Alarm Areas'. There is zenon function to deactivate alarming for a particular group.
    By alarm area you can link internal variable indicating quantity of active alarms.

If I understand your use case: in your project, a group will contain all variables from particular machine, the same for an area. When area indicates alarm, then the function linked to the limit of its status variable deactivates the group.

Default AW: Alarm Cause Text

Hi,

I have created the variable to get active alarms from the area by class linking and I am able to see the active alarms for each machines, then I created limit value function to activate and de-activate the class. But limit value function is not working I tried to simulate with a button to activate and de-activate the class then its working.

Regards
    Sandeep